- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Title from Toad the Wet Sprocket's Windmills.

For Nick.

She’d had about three glasses of wine and the tipsy giggling and three rounds of an invented version of Apples to Apples had worn her out around 11:00. He was sprawled out on his back across the sofa, his feet hanging loosely off the side. It was a little chilly in the room, despite the fact the heat was turned up fairly high, but she was breathing steadily on top of him, her head on his chest and her arms at his sides, and having her as a blanket was much warmer than anything else he could think of.

 

Jim looked out the window at the tiny flakes of snow clinging to the glass. It was only going to leave a tiny powdering, but he knew Pam would be excited to see it in the morning. For now, it was looking like she was out for the night. He’d considered waking her for the ball-dropping, but she hadn’t slept too well the night before and he’d elected to let her sleep.

 

The crowd on TV began a second refrain of Auld Lang Syne and he hummed along to himself. She stirred a bit and her legs slipped off where they were balanced on his and soon, her body cradled his left leg, her hips resting on his thigh.

 

The heat from her made him think of… other things, and he adjusted slightly and tried not to wake her.

 

The blinking Christmas lights from their tree cast flickering shadows across her face. He wanted a real tree, but her parents had always had an artificial one. When it was too bare for them, she’d begged them to give it to her. There was wire showing through the plastic needles and the green paint on the pole was chipping and the metal sometimes caught the light, but she’d had the same tree since she was three and didn’t mind, so he didn’t either.

 

They’d hung extra lights to disguise some of the bare spots and there were way more ornaments than necessary, but they’d gotten carried away buying decorations for their first Christmas living together in their tiny one bedroom condo. It was tinier than they’d wanted, but it was a nice part of town and close to their parents, so they’d went ahead signed the five-year lease and she giggled and squeezed his arm when he’d finished all the paperwork and they were happy.

 

Jim picked the TV remote off the coffee table and clicked off the TV, still humming along with the crowds of Time Square. Next year he wouldn’t have to kiss the top of her head on midnight, he smiled to himself. 

 

Pam was wearing the pajamas he’d gotten her for Christmas. The red and white stripped thermal set made her look like a candy cane and she’d grinned at him when she tried them on. The legs were too long and bunched at the ankles but she refused to exchange them, insisting that she was just short and they were perfect. Right now, they were pulled over her feet to keep them warm (he found she hated wearing socks, even when her feet were cold) and he tried his best to bend his knees to cover them more, warm them faster, but he couldn’t without waking her, so he gave up.

 

It might have been the earliest he’d been to bed on a New Year’s since he was five, but with only the tree lighting the house and the door already locked and the puppy already walked and fed and curled up at the base of the tree in her new bed, there was no reason to get up, so Jim pushed down the sleeves of his sweatshirt where it was starting to itch him, pulled the extra pillow out from behind his head and stroked her hair gently, waiting for the heaviness in his lids to set in.

 

His fingers snagged in a tangle and he opened his eyes to her stirring.

 

“It’s 12:30!” Pam groaned sleepily. “I missed the ball!”

 

“Don’t worry, it fell without a hitch.”

 

“Are you sure? It always looks like it’s going to hit the bottom before everyone gets to one.”

 

“Nope. Hit right on time.”

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Pam turned her head and rested her chin on his chest. Her eyes were still clouded with sleep and Jim smiled at her.

 

“You were too cute to wake up.”

 

“Well, I would have woken you up.”

 

“Not an issue, Beesley, takes more than three glasses of wine to knock me out.” Pam poked his side in punishment and his whole body jerked.

 

“Lightweight,” he said, ignoring her reprimand. She poked him again and soon he was giggling like she had. He tried to get her back, but she was only ticklish when she was already laughing and she put on her fake-serious face as soon as he started stroking her sides, suppressing any reactions to his motions.

 

“Damn it, Beesley! You’re a freak of nature!” She stuck out her tongue and gave him one last poke. His knee jerked into the coffee table and her face went serious-serious and she started rubbing the spot where it had hit.

 

“Jim! Sorry! Are you okay?” The puppy’s head had shot up at the loud thump and now she was wagging her tail happily. She yipped at the commotion and they both chuckled.

 

“C’mere Molly!” She popped up quickly and ran over to the sofa. Jim lifted her into his lap and she nipped at his hands.

 

“That didn’t hurt, did it?” Pam pet Molly’s head for a bit until she started nipping at her, too.

 

“Naw, I’m resilient.” He smiled at her and she rested her head on his shoulder. They pet Molly for a bit (and maybe each other a little more) until she finally became frustrated with their lack of attention and jumped down to curl back up her bed.

 

“I’m not really mad that you didn’t wake me up,” Pam looked meaningfully at him between kisses and he chuckled.

 

“I know.” He pushed his left side into her right until she was lying back on the sofa. She looked up at him through heavy-lids but he only stare back at her.

 

“What?” She smiled sweetly but his face stayed frozen in seriousness.

 

“I love you.” Her smile faded slowly and she returned his stare. She could hear his heavy breathing and knew already what he was thinking about.

 

“Happy New Year,” Pam breathed, as Jim traced his hand down her waist, her hip, her thigh. She reached for him and exhaled as his weight overtook her.

 

“Happy New Year, Pam,” Jim kissed her forehead and then her temple, working his way down. Pam ran her hands along his back, feeling the muscles through the heavy college sweatshirt he refused to give up, no matter how stained. She felt his breath dancing along her ear. “I want you.”

 

Pam felt a hot, liquid curl seize her belly and she gasped a little at the intensity of his words. He continued his kisses down to her jaw and behind her ear, nuzzling his nose in her hair. She smelled like skin and mint and sweat and apples and everything about her that he loved so much. It was a nearly edible combination of smells and he nipped gently at the skin along her hairline.

 

Pam hissed out a breath and arched towards his body instinctually, baring her neck to give him better access for whatever he wanted to do her. Her hands ran from his shoulders to his back to under the hem of his sweatshirt and undershirt and he was lifting both over his head before she could even start to tug on the fabric.

 

Jim shifted as he lay back down on top of her and she could feel his erection pushing into her pelvis. His hand slipped behind her and under the fabric of her own shirt, grazing over the arc of her back to the dip above her ass and she pressed up harder into him. He moaned into her hair.

 

Her hands slid down his back and gripped his ass, squeezing him into her so hard he thought she might bruise. He kissed her again, his tongue moving quickly across her bottom lip and biting gently, all the while, his hand still stroking her back, higher and higher, pulling the fabric with it. Pam lifted herself up to sitting with him still kneeling over her and pulled the shirt up and off, exposing the lacy red bra she’d bought herself solely to wear with her new pajamas. He kissed her again, could tell she was doing something with her hands but couldn’t quite see, and when he pulled away, he saw the candy cane pants crumpled on the floor with her shirt.

 

Jim pushed her back to lying down but stayed kneeling over her.

 

“Please,” she begged softly.

 

“What?”

 

“I want to feel your skin on me,” Pam arched toward him, her body begging as much as she was. Jim put his hands on her hips and ran his fingers over the curve of her belly till his hands were cupping her breasts though her bra. Pam moaned softly as he squeezed gently. He could feel her hardened nipples pressing demandingly into his palms and he smiled through their kiss. Jim snaked his arm behind her, finally allowing the flat expanse of his stomach to touch flush with her rounded belly.

 

As Jim toyed with the clasp of the bra, Pam slipped her hands under the waistband of his sweats and boxers, pulling him down further and pressing her hips rhythmically against his in anticipation. Jim moaned loudly as she hit a particular angle and he felt the spark run through his lower half. He finally got the hooks from their metal clasp and rose once more to pull the bra from her arms. When she raised her hands above her head to allow him to slip it off, Jim grabbed her wrists gently with his left hand and held them there, smiling down on her.

 

His right hand trailed up and down along her side, raising goosebumps and causing her nipples to harden even more. Jim responded to their cries for attention by kissing each one gently. Pam grunted and thrust involuntarily against him again.

 

“Your hips are being awful demanding tonight,” Jim teased, Pam was breathing too hard to respond, and she could hear the air in his voice as well. Soon, words would not be on their side and they both knew it.

 

Jim released her hands and they immediately fell in his hair, threading it between her hands and holding firmly as his tongue moved deliciously across her nipples, his teeth grazing them lightly as he sucked each one carefully into his mouth while his hand caressed the other. As much as she was enjoying it, Pam’s lower half was getting jealous at the lack of attention and she released Jim’s hair and clawed at the waistband of his pants.

 

Jim rose to his knees again and slipped the sweatpants down and off. They landed next to Molly, who let out a sigh in her sleep and rolled over onto her side.

 

Pam sat up slowly and admired him. His hair was disheveled and his chest was flushed pink. His boxers were bunched up towards his hips and he poked out a good two inches from the bottom. She ran her hands from his knees up through the curly hair along his thighs and to the waist band of his boxers. She tugged them along the same path his sweatpants had taken and he was completely exposed to her.  She leered appreciatively and hooked her hands behind his head, pulling him back down on top of her.

 

Jim could feel her wetness against him and his braced his feet against the other arm of the sofa and rocked against her. Pam broke the kiss and gasped loudly. Her elbow was crooked around his neck and her forehead pressed into his, her eyes squeezed shut at the sensations flowing through her.

 

Jim felt her nails in his back and he began to rock faster, hearing her breath catch at the same point in each of his movements.

 

“Please, Jim. Please,” she was begging again and he was more than happy to oblige.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Touch me, please.” Her eyes opened to his and Jim moved his hand down over her breast across her stomach and under the waistband of her matching red underwear. She was nearly dripping with wetness and Jim groaned and bit down on her lip and his fingers skimmed over the slippery skin.

 

“Off,” Pam lifted her bottom and helped him as he pulled them down, his hand immediately returning to its spot between her folds. He avoided the spot she knew she wanted the most, instead, Jim pushed two fingers slowly into her and watched as she bit down hard on her lip and moaned into her throat. Her hips pushed up relentlessly against his fingers, begging for more. He complied, slipping a third finger and stroking gently against the hot skin inside her.

 

“Jim, gah— ,” Pam thrust upwards again towards him and Jim shushed her quiet mewling with his mouth. Her eyes squeezed so tight that tiny tears began to gather at the corners and he kissed them away gently as he turned his hand so his thumb pressed deeply against her center. He didn’t move right away, just pressed down and felt her clench with the sensations. Jim bit the inside of his cheek at the anticipation. He’d feel that clenching again soon enough.

 

Pam opened her eyes, begging silently for more than pressure and Jim was happy to accommodate. His thumb pressed gently up and down against her while his fingers inside of her continued to stroke slowly at the same pace.

 

Pam’s breaths became shallower and he knew that she was getting close. His mouth latched on to one of her nipples and her hands grasped wildly at anything she could. He would probably have tiny half-moon marks across his back for a few hours, but it was all worth it to hear the sounds she was making. His thumb continued its movement, but the other fingers ceased rubbing and pressed firmly upward against the spot he knew would drive her over the edge. He could feel everything clench and it was only moments now before she would be gone. He kissed her roughly.

 

“Open your eyes,” he whispered forcefully against her lips, “I want watch you.”

Pam complied easily and her dilated pupils bore into his with such a fierce passion he almost lost his breath. “Come for me, Pam.”

 

His words seized in her belly and set her over the edge. She cried out his name, her nails digging into his back. Jim felt her tighten around his fingers and he became even harder, knowing so soon that would be him she was engulfing so intimately.

 

When her breathing had evened out a bit, Pam reached down between them and gripped him tightly in her hand, rubbing her finger firmly over the tip of his cock. He was already so hard it nearly impossible to allow her to continue.

 

“Please Pam,” now it was his turn to beg. He slid his fingers out of her gently with a slick pop and gripped at the sofa cushions when Pam began to stroke him firmly.

 

“No, I want to be inside you,” Jim gasped through her motions. Pam parted her legs a bit further and pulled him toward her.

 

His tip bumped her sensitive skin and she gasped quietly. His hips pushed gently upward, pleading with her to grant him entrance. After she’d rubbed him against her and he was thoroughly covered in her wetness, she guided him to her opening and, eyes locked, he slowly slid home within her.

 

It still made her gasp when he was all the way inside her, and she was still amazed that she was even able to take him all in.

 

His eyes shut hard and he dipped his head down against her shoulder, trying to make the most of it, but he knew it wouldn’t be long. She was so wet and her inside muscles still pulsed gently from her orgasm and her legs had moved to wrap around him and her feet were cold against his ass, but he didn’t care because it was all so damn good.

She could feel him all the way to her spine and if he didn’t move soon, Pam was sure she was going to start begging again, but she didn’t have to because he began to thrust slowly into her. She felt him slide nearly all the way out and then push back in firmly. Her legs moved with him, pushing him further with each trust. Pam could hear his combination chuckle and groan and his breath stirred the tiny hairs at the nape of her neck and she felt herself start to tighten again and she was coming again with his next stroke, squeezing him hard within her and Jim cried out and his teeth bumped her shoulder.

 

He was so amazed that’d managed to keep himself together when he felt her clench around him, but they were slicked with sweat and her nipples slid deliciously across his chest and the curls near her forehead were matted with sweat and it was all so good.

 

“I love you,” Jim managed to choke out.

 

“I love you, too,” Pam exhaled with his next thrust and her arms wrapped around him possessively.

 

His movements were becoming erratic and Pam bit his earlobe gently. “I want to feel you,” she whispered, her voice gravelly. Jim grunted in response and his hips jumped faster, burying him deeper within her. “C’mon Jim, I need you.”

 

He was panting, his brow furrowed in concentration, his teeth gritted against the skin above her collarbone and when her hand moved down his body and gripped his ass roughly pulling him into her further and further, he let go and was coming in her, his teeth pressing into her shoulder and her hand against his ass, holding him to her forcefully.

 

When the tremors stopped, he moved to lay his head on her shoulder and waited for them to catch their breath.

 

He watched the snow cling to the windows and the lights on the tree flicker an indistinguishable pattern and Molly sneezed in her sleep and Pam stroked his back gently and they were happy.



sherlockelly is the author of 19 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 27 members. Members who liked All Worth Waiting For also liked 3002 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans