- Text Size +
Story Notes:

My very first JAM fanfic :]

The rating shall stand as M for future chapters and whatnots.


Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with NBC or The Office. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:

My grammar isn't something I'm proud of so if my tenses jump back and forth please tell me :]

The alarm clock goes off. The ringing sound pierces my ears forcing me to open my eyes. I am completely disorientated and it takes me awhile to realize that I need to turn off my alarm. I slowly get up and I'm greeted with a throbbing headache. I guess I drank more than I thought last night at the Christmas party. I still don't understand why Michael decided to have the Christmas party on a Thursday. He should have known better, but knowing Michael he probably doesn't. Rubbing my head I drag my feet into the kitchen. One more day to go.

---

It's cold today. I wrap my jacket closer to my body and quicken my pace towards the blue Echo. I hastily get inside the car and turn on the heat full blast and the cold air startles me. Gradually the heat finally fills my small car.

My headache still bothers me and I'm finding it hard to concentrate while I drive. I get honked at. It's an old lady driving a yellow Beetle and she cuts in front of me. She looks angry and I look at her apologetically.

I can't help but think of Jim's smile when I tell him about this later on today.

I close my eyes at a stop light.

..."Well, maybe the C.I.A can send a helicopter."...

As I open my eyes a smile eases across my face.

---

I pull in to the Dunder Mifflin parking lot and park my car beside Michael's Sebring. My head is killing me. I take a deep breath and rest my head on the steering wheel.

There's a tapping on my window and I shift my head to see Jim's face. He grins and my heart begins to race.

"Good morning." My voice is surprisingly high and I wince in embarrassment.

He notices and laughs. "Good morning. I assume you had one too many margaritas last night."

"Yeah, I feel like crap."

"Yeah? I have no clue what was in that stuff. I was buzzed after just 3 drinks."

"I think I saw Meredith loitering around the margarita makers."

"Well, that answers all my questions." He laughs again. "Come on. I'll walk with you."

"Okay." I open the door and I try to get out but I'm forced back into my seat. "I'm stuck."

"Pam? I think you're forgetting something." He points at my seatbelt.

"Oh, Right." I can feel my cheeks burning as I remove my seatbelt. It's so early in the day and I've already humiliated myself in front of Jim.

"Alright, get up Beesly." Grabbing my hand he pulls me out of my car. We stand there just for a second, but it feels much longer than that.

He smiles at me before he lets go of my hand. I can't seem to catch my breath so I just nod my head and we begin to walk out of the parking lot.

---

The morning is going by slow. I'm on my fourth game of solitaire and there is no end in sight.

I look over at Jim. He's on the phone, fiddling with the side of his mouse pad. I can tell that he's bored.

A window pops up on my screen.

    JimHalpert: The guy on the phone sounds like Peewee Herman....
    JimHalpert: Should I ask if it's him?

I look at the back of Jim's brown hair before I reply.

    PamBeesly: Don't you get the name of the person you're calling before hand?

I see him typing as he balances the phone with the crook of his neck.

    JimHalpert: Yes. But maybe he wants to keep it on the ‘down low'? What would the press say when they find out Peewee Herman is into Extra White Multipurpose Paper?

I smile.

    PamBeesly: All hell would break loose. That's what would happen!

I hear Jim laugh and I look up once again.

"Oh! I'm sorry Mr. Harris." He spins his chair towards me and makes a face. "Yes. I know. Paper is not a laughing matter. I'm sorry."

I bite my lip to contain my laughter.

Jim's voice loudening. "Alright, so that would be a dozen of Extra White Multipurpose Paper?"

I give Jim a big smile.

"Okay, Mr. Harris. Have a nice day." He makes another face before he turns around to write something on his notepad. "Yes. It won't happen again."

He faces me again. His mouth wide open.

I look at him innocently.

He walks over to and leans on my desk, his voice comes out in a low rumble. "I can't believe you made me laugh during a sales call."

My stomach does back flips and I try to keep it together. "That's not my fault."

"What?" His voice heightens. "It's totally your fault."

"No way!"

He laughs and leans in closer. "Fine. But don't think you're going to get away with it."

I stop breathing for a moment. I'm stuck starring at him helplessly. His eyes. His smile.

A person appears beside him and I break away from the spell.

"Hey guys."

Jim straightens up and smiles warmly at Karen. "Hey."

"Hi." I manage to say right after him.

"God, I'm so bored." Karen tugs on Jim's jacket. "Let's go out for lunch."

"Okay. Sure." Jim replies and my heart sinks.

"Pam? You want to come?" Karen asks with a smile on her face.

Jim doesn't say anything but just looks at me.

"Uhh. No, it's okay. You two go ahead."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I brought a lunch."

"Okay." Karen's still smiling sweetly. "We'll be back in a bit."

"Alright." I force a smile.

Karen went to grab her jacket and my smile disappears.

Jim's still in front of my desk. Studying me as if he knows what I was thinking.

"I got to photocopy these." I say as I stand up. "Have fun at lunch, Jim."

"Yeah," He looks confused maybe even a little hurt. "I will."

My heart tightens as I walk pass him. I look back down at the blank papers in my hand. I wonder if he noticed.

Chapter End Notes:
So, that's my first chapter :] Please leave your feedback because this is all very new to me. Thanks.


junegloom is the author of 0 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans