- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back into Pam's POV. Yay for proper English!

The room was silent. Pam was having a hard time figuring things out. This man, this Earl, had come all the way to Pennsylvania to cross her off some strange list of misdeeds. And Roy had something to do with it? She stared up at her fiancé, trying to determine by looking at him if he was guilty. He stared back, confusion and irritation battling for dominance on his face.

 

She looked back over at Earl. He was looking at Roy strangely. Then he was looking at her. Then back at Roy. Then his eyes got big. He recognized Roy. Oh, god. No. He recognized Roy. This had to be some kind of mistake.

 

She could feel her eyes getting watery, and her throat began to ache with the effort not to cry. She looked up quickly, trying to force the tears back into her eyes. Don’t cry, she thought. Don’t cry. Don’t cry. When she felt a little calmer, she let herself look down…and caught Jim’s gaze in the process. He looked so worried. She couldn’t help a small sniffle. The expression on his face nearly broke her heart. He gestured toward the door, but she shook her head. No. She had to find out what was going on.

 

She looked up at Roy and forced herself to remain calm. Don’t accuse him, he’ll just get defensive and angry. And then he’ll get loud, and then he’ll get accusatory, and she’ll never get the truth out of him. Just remain calm.

 “Roy. This is Earl. He says he’s an old friend of yours. Do you remember him?”


ficklevillain is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked Office Karma also liked 428 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans