February 2, 2017 at 1:47 am #973
Voting Now Open until 11:59pm pacific March 19th!
Once you’ve decided, head to the voting form.
Calling all writers!
This year MoreThanThat is holding a Valentine’s Day writing competition. We are asking writers to submit their Valentine’s Day related stories to MTT during the month of February. Then the first week of March, we will have a vote for the Reader’s Choice and Moderator’s Choice. In addition to internet praise and kudos, these two winners will also receive prizes for realsies!
What kind of stories can I enter?
- Your story should be at least 500 words long.
- Your story should be new and never published
- Multi-chapter is ok but it needs to be completed by the morning of March 8th, 2017
- Any genre, rating and pairing is fine as long as the story is Valentine’s Day themed. (though fair warning, we mods love the JAM 😉 )
- And all stories should adhere to the regular MTT submission guidelines.
How Do I Enter My Story?
- If you don’t already have an account on the MTT fanfic archive, sign up for one .
- Log in, go to My Account > Add New Story and submit your story. We ask that you include your entry is for the 2017 Valentine’s Day competition in the story summary to make sure it’s categorized appropriately
- If you are a new writer, your story will be held for a quick review to make sure formatting is okay, as long as there are no major issues you should see your story published shortly.
- Once approved, a mod will add the entry to the Valentine’s Day 2017 Challenge.
What do the winners and participants get?
The two winners will receive:
- One season of The Office on DVD (winner’s choice of season)
- A photographic print of the winner’s choice from our mod Ladama’s RedBubble shop .
In addition, all participants will get a Jim/Pam card or sticker of their choice featuring Ladama’s work.
*MoreThanThat reserves the right to modify prizes depending on response and interest
Please see the next reply for more details.February 2, 2017 at 1:49 am #974
How will the winners be selected?
– We will have two winners, a reader’s choice and a moderator’s choice. More details are forthcoming but the Reader’s choice will be decided by a vote from registered readers, while the mods will deliberate amongst themselves on their choice.
Can I win both the Reader’s Choice and the Moderator’s Choice?
– Two different stories by two different writers will be selected.
Can I submit more than one story?
– You certainly can, but know that we are asking people to select their favorite story, not favorite writer, so you may end up splitting your own vote. Also an author can only win one prize, they cannot win both the Reader’s and Mod’s choices.
I have an old story that fits this contest, can I submit that story?
– Stories should be new and never published to MTT or other fanfic sites.
My story is not quite 500 words long
– The 500 word minimum is more a guideline than a firm rule, what we most want from entries is for them to be well-written, so if they don’t clear the 500 word threshold, that’s okay, submit it anyway!
Do I have to share my address with you to receive prizes?
– Short answer is yes, winners will need to provide an address that Amazon and Redbubble can deliver to, and participants will need to provide an address we can send a USPS letter to. We will not save address or use it for anything besides sending prizes.
Will you be able to send prizes to my country?
– This contest is open to any writer anywhere in the world and we are prepared to send prizes to a variety of countries. But if we are unable or if shipping is cost-prohibitive we will work with winners to find an equivalent arrangement.
– Please reply to this thread or email us at MTT.firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions!February 10, 2017 at 1:26 am #981March 10, 2017 at 7:56 pm #1034
Time to vote!
We have six entries, you can read them in alphabetical order here
Blue Valentine by shutterbug Rated: T
Summary: Jim helps Cece and Philip create art for Valentine’s Day. Things get out of hand.
The Impressionist by Keela Dee Rated: G
Summary: This is a “what if” situation that takes place during S3E16: Business School. It begins the day before this episode, on Valentine’s Day 2007, and ends at Pam’s art show the following night.
Million Miles Away by Nicole Rated: T
Summary: It is Valentine’s Day and Michael is throwing a party. Pam Goes to the party to blow off some steam and have fun. Pam gets a little drunk and gets the guts to do something she has been wanting to say for a long time.
Out of the Fog by Kat11 Rated: MA
Summary: This story takes place right after the events of Valentine’s Day, season 2. Pam has an epiphany and realizes that the life she wants isn’t necessarily the life she has now.
Pam and Jim on Valentine’s Day! by Moogie Man Rated: T
Summary: Dumped by Alex, Pam is depressed until an unexpected surprise
Paper in pink by msteapot Rated: PG
A different take on Season 2’s “Valentine’s Day”
Once you’ve made your decision, head to the voting form here.
Voting is open to registered members of the archive (or of these forums) until 11:59 pacific March 19th, please vote today!April 27, 2017 at 12:42 am #1089
This is much delayed but here are the winners of our first Valentine’s Day contest!
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who participated!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)