We have officially rebooted our Beta Reader system at MTT!
You can read all about it on this page, but here is the general gist:
To become a beta:
- Go to “Edit Profile” on the archive, on the beta reader line, select “yes”.
- Copy and Paste the Beta-Reader template to your bio and fill it out
- Select submit at the bottom of the page. Now you will show up as a Beta Reader on the archive!
- You also have the option of editing your profile on the forums and filling out the beta reader section then directing people that directions, and also advertising your services on "find a beta" thread .
To find a beta:
- You can see who is listed as Beta Reader on the archive, click on profile, read their beta-reader form and see if anyone is a good fit for your story.
- If they seem like a good fit, contact them via the “contact author” link on the MTT archive (or hoever they listed that they prefer to be contacted)
- You can also state in the notes of your stories that you are looking for a beta, this will often attract reader who are willing to look things over.
Some Ground Rules for Betas and Authors
- If you contact a beta reader for your story and they say (politely) that they cannot be your beta, accept it and move on, likewise for betas who reach out to authors that say no thanks.
- Make it very clear what you expect from the beta process! The more details you share with each other before you start, the better the beta process will go.
--Admin Team on May 16, 2017 12:59 am 0 Comments