Hello and welcome to the Challenges Challenge page! Every quarter (3 months) the mods will be posting a handful of challenges (basically story prompts) on this page that will hopefully inspire our authors. If you respond to one of the challenges you'll get a special little banner attached to your story! We're hoping by having a rotating list of challenges we're keep the creative juices flowing and the recent section stocked with new stories. We will also feature an older, unanswered challenge and hope to include readers by having a "Reader's Choice" challenge every three months as well.
Current Challenges (Q2 2018)
- Hospital JAM: Put Jim or Pam in the hospital and get the hurt/comfort going!
- Sister, Sister: Write a story where Penny Beesly or Larisa Halpert plays a central role.
- Danny & Pam: It's a DAM thing! Write about Pam's ill-fated relationship with the handsome salesman.
- Vegas!!!: Get Jim and Pam together in classic Vegas fashion. Use all the cliches you want, the sexier the better!
- Robbery at the Office: What if the office was robbed while everyone was still there? Read the challenge for some ideas.
*note: you are still free to respond to these challenges! if you do respond to an older challenge, let us know and we'll get a banner attached to it.
- Threat Level Midnight - The Making of: Write a story, JAM-centric or otherwise, about the making of Michael's movie.
- Life In Austin: Write a story about Pam and Jim's life in the Texas capital - Still unanswered!
- Nice Morning, too" : What did Jim & Pam get up to that inspired the talking head at the start of S9E21 "Living The Dream" *wink wink* - Still (mostly) unanswered!
- Bad Date (JAM style): Jim and Pam have a terrible first date (but he still buys a ring a week later)
- High School Reunion : write about any character's high school reunion
Who chooses the featured challenges?
- our three mods will choose challenges to feature here, though we also welcome your ideas for a "reader choice" challenge.
How do I add my story to a challenge?
- First, you need add your story to the archive in My Account > Add New Story. Next, find the challenge you are responding to and, while logged in, click "Respond to this challenge" and then select the check box next to the story you want to add.
How often will these challenges change?
- We'll feature a new set of challenges roughly every 3 months. If a challenge proved to be popular and gets several responses in a short amount of time, we may "retire" it from the current challenges before 3 months has passed and introduce another challenge.
Does my story need to be finished to be added to the challenge and/or to get the special banner?
- Nope! It's fine to add incomplete stories, and you will get a banner whether it's finished or not.
Can I respond to more than one of the challenges?
- You can respond to as many as you want! You can even write multiple stories for one challenge if it inspires you to do so.
I am responding to a challenge not listed on this page, will I still get a special banner?
- We're going to limit the banners to the stories that answer a challenge listed on this page, this included "previously featured" challenges.
I submitted a story to one of the challenges challenge, where's my banner?
- Before switching out to new challenges, we'll look through the old ones and do our best to make sure every submission gets it's banner. If we missed your story, first ensure that it is submitted to the right challenge, and then feel free to let us know via contact form.
I have a great challenge idea, can it be featured?
- If you have a great challenge in mind, send it into us and we'll definitely consider it. We do ask you take a quick look at the challenges already listed and see if something similar hasn't already been posted. If your idea is very similar to an already posted challenge that has zero or maybe one response, you can nominate that challenge for the "unanswered challenge" slot.