- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Characters are unfortunately not mine. Any copyright infringement is my bad and is an accident. I made this story up, it's mine, etc.
Pure fluff, I’m sorry, this is my first fic and I really want this to happen. Set after the return so Jim and Karen are on the rocks if not broken up. For the sake of this story let’s say they broke up. Sorry if it’s cheesy.

    Jim climbed into his car and flipped the stereo on. Augustana began to play softly. This song had always reminded him of Pam. But then again, what didn’t? He reached into his bag to find his iPod to plug into the stereo but it didn’t seem to be there.
    “Fuck,” Jim swore aloud as he realized he had lent it to Karen before they had broken up and she had put it in his desk as she stormed out of the party. He sighed, turned off his car and got out, hoping that the door to the office was unlocked. He trudged through the snow to the door, which was open, up the elevator and into the Dunder Mifflin Office, which was still lit even though nobody appeared to be there. He shrugged and walked to his desk. As he was closing it he heard muffled screams coming from the break room. He paused, making sure he had heard correctly.
     “Hello?” He walked towards the break room, still hearing screams. He went through the kitchen but knew it was Pam even before he saw her. He ran to the second kitchen door, and over to the break room, pulling the door open. She had been crying and when he opened the door, she hugged him tightly.
    “Pam, what’s wrong?” He held her shoulders and backed her up slowly to one of the tables.
    “Jim, no!” The door swung closed behind him. “The door’s locked.” She sighed. “I was locked in and now we’re both locked in.” She flopped down on the chair as Jim went to the door to try and open it.    
    “It’s locked,” he shrugged. She laughed. God he loved her laugh.
    “Dwight has the keys and he wont be in until tomorrow morning.” She pulled a chair out for him and patted the seat, inviting him to sit. He did so. They sat in silence for a moment.
    “What are we going to do all night?” She sighed, her head resting lightly on her hand. He stared into her eyes, thinking.
    “Well, we have plenty of food, courtesy of Steve, and I have this,” he pulled his iPod from his pocket. She smiled and clapped her hands lightly. Everything she did was so graceful. “And I believe there are some old couch cushions in this closet.” He stood and opened the closet, pulling said cushions out and throwing them on the floor. Pam moved to set them up in to the form of a couch as Jim pushed dollars into the vending machines, fishing out chips, fruit, drinks and sandwiches. He laid all the food out in front of their couch as they both sat.
    “It’s good to have you back Jim,” Pam said before putting a skittle in her mouth. “I missed you.”
    “I missed you too Pam,” Jim breathed. She had no idea.
    “Karen seems nice, I’m happy for you two.” Pam coughed quietly. Jim froze.
    “We broke up,” he said quietly. A silence fell over them as they ate silently.
    “I’m sorry Jim, I didn’t know.” She whispered into her sandwich. He just nodded. The silence continued for a while longer. When all the food was gone Pam piled it into a bundle and walked over to the trash to throw it out. Jim stood and walked over to her.
    “We broke up because…” he took her hand in his “I’m still in love with you.” He looked at the floor between them and then into her eyes. She didn’t speak.
    “Pam, I’m throwing myself out there for the third time, please say something.” His eyes bore into her, as if begging for an answer. None came. “Please Pam. Say anyth…” but he was cut off as she pressed her lips roughly into his. His eyes shot wide open as her hand brushed his cheek. He pulled away slowly, her eyes were still closed. His forehead pressed against hers lightly as her eyes fluttered open. She sighed.
    “I’m so in love with you.” She whispered into his lips. “I love you so much Jim,” her thumb rubbed the stubble on his cheek. “Now, it’s your turn to say something.” She smiled.
    He ran his hands through her hair, breathless. “I want you Pam, I need you near me and I can’t live without you.” He kissed up and down her face, not leaving a single patch of skin unkissed.
    

    When Dwight arrived the next morning he ceremoniously unlocked all the doors, leaving breakroom until last. When he did, he opened the door to find Jim lying on a bed of old cushions, his arms wrapped around a small figure. Jim signaled to Dwight the be quiet.    
    “Shh, I found her in the parking lot, she has hypothermia, go get blankets.” Jim whispered to Dwight, careful not to wake the sleeping Pam. Dwight saluted him and ran off. The sound of his footsteps caused Pam to flutter her eyes open. She smiled up at Jim.
    “I could stay like this forever,” she breathed into his neck.
    “So could I,” Jim smiled. “But lets go before Dwight gets back.” They laughed as they got up to go to work.

Chapter End Notes:
reviews would be nice, this is my first fic


TearCatcher is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Locked In also liked 1919 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans