- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright, so I got a little tired again mid-writing and decided I would continue it when I had more time. The third part has a little bit of a twist though. Please review, I'm always interested in suggestions! Enjoy!
Pam sat at Ryan’s desk and lifted up his laptop cover. An IM popped up from “Brwneyedqt69xoxo”. Pam’s eyes grazed over the conversation. She suddenly felt very watched, and slammed the cover down again. She put her head in her hand, her headache was getting worse.

“What are you doing?” It was Angela.

“N-nothing. Ryan asked me to check his e-mails for him, so I’m doing that.”

“You’re lying.”

“No, I’m not." She paused, "Angela, you know I’ve kept secrets for you, OK. So, please, just don’t say anything. Kelly thinks he’s cheating on her or something and she said she wouldn’t come out of the bathroom so I looked. Do you have any Advil? My head is killing me…”

“Well, I wouldn’t say it’s a huge surprise he’s cheating on her. He seems like the type.”

Pam looked up, “What? I didn’t say he’s cheating on her. I didn’t really even read anything, I’m just going to say he’s not.”

Angela’s eyes widened, “You can’t do that.”

“What? Why?”

“She deserves to know the truth. If a woman’s…lover…is being unfaithful, she should know.” She turned quickly and walked over to her desk.

Pam watched her go, feeling frustrated partially by the situation and partially by her headache, and got up and walked to the bathroom to tell Kelly the good news.



The men stood in the woods, trying to figure out who was missing.

“Where’s Creed?” Oscar asked, looking around.

A voice came from a little deeper in the woods, “Right here, my man.”

“Creed—where were you? Did you even come on the bus with us?”

“Hey fellas, I’ll probably be cooking some mongoose I found in my campsite over there if any of you guys want some later.”

No one spoke.

“Alright. No mongoose then, suit yourself.” Creed retreated back into the woods.

The men stood in awkward silence.

Jim turned back to Michael, “We’re still missing someone.”



Toby came out of the backroom, with a bucket hat and galoshes and approached reception, “Hey, where are the guys? I need to put my stuff in the van.”

Pam looked at him sadly, “Toby, they left like an hour or two ago. They didn’t tell you?”

Toby just looked at her. “Michael said he was going to get me…” he trailed off, realizing what had happened.

“What are you going to do?”

“Well, I have to go. Jan said I did, to make sure…I just, I’m supposed to go. Did Michael tell you where it was?”

“Actually…” Pam sighed, “Yeah, he gave the directions to me. He said something about strippers…I dunno. But here, you can take them. I know I’m not going to use them.”

Toby paused at Pam’s desk, taking the directions which had the pathetic resemblence to a home-made treasure map. He looked at her (a little too long) as if he was going to make a joke, and then walked away.

Pam, a little confused, went back to searching throw her desk for Advil.



“Alright. How to set up a tent.” Michael unfolded the tents and laid them on the ground next to the long medal rods. He looked at them as if he was just told to construct a NASA spaceship out of toothpicks. “Well, I thought they were…supposed to come already done. Like popup tents….”

The men sat around on logs: Stanley doing a crossword, Dwight on his knees delicately picking up the rods, Jim fiddling with his tie…

Someone called from the woods. “Michael—I told you to wait for me.”

Michael looked over, and letting out a loud sigh threw his hands in the air. “TOBY. How did you get here?”

“I got the directions from Pam. Plus, it’s only like a three minute walk away from the office.”

The camera zooms on the office building across the street, and then the van parked on the grass close by. It’s now obvious they are camping in the woods in the office park.

“Well, don’t think you’re staying in the tent with me.”

“I wasn’t planning on it, Michael. I have my own tent. I was an eagle scout, you knew that right?”

Jim looked up, a little surprised at Toby’s sudden sense of defiance.

“Well, good that makes three tents then. Of course, whoever is going to stay with Toby…I want you to keep in mind that whichever tent you decide is final…so when his leaks, or he tries to molest you—“

Ryan shook his head.

“—just know that you made your tent so now you have to lie in it.” Dwight erupted in laughter while the other men sat in silence.

“So let’s figure out these tents then. Ryan, obviously you’ll be—“

“I’m gonna go with Toby.” Ryan interrupted.

“Jim?”

“Uh, I really don’t care, Michael. I guess I’ll go with Toby too.”

“Traitors.” Michael said, ignoring Dwight’s waving hand.

“Um, me? Right, I’ll be in the tent with you?”

Michael, still ignoring him turned. “OK, who else is going to become a traitor. Trade your master.”

No one said anything.


goodmatch is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Camping Trip also liked 24 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans