- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The last and final chapter. Please let me know what you think about the series! It has been a blast to write, read reviews, and post every day or so....I want to thank Peski_Piksi for the wonderful BETA job on all of these chapters. I've had her working her booty off for this story, so if you get the chance, go tell her how great she has done.

Also, please let me know what you all think! I have another story underway as we speak. It's called The Scarlet Letter. I was also thinking about do a "Something to Give Up" Sequel. So, if you all are interested in that, please review and rate this!

Thanks!

 A few months later.....

Pam sat at home one evening waiting for Jim to return from a branch evaluation. He had been gone all day long and Pam couldn’t wait to see him. Over the past few months, they had had a pretty sweet relationship. He would send flowers to her desk, hold her hand as they walked to and from work, call her into his office for a kiss, email her about twice a day, and make dinner every other night. She did her best to keep up with his charm. She cooked, found his favorite movie at the movie store or on television, and left notes lying around his home office. She liked the way things were turning out.

Tonight, she wanted to tell Jim that she was ready to move into his room. They had decided to stay in separate rooms for the first few months to keep the relationship normal. They didn’t want to rush things and promised when they felt like moving to the next step, Pam could move her stuff into his room. Pam felt like she was ready to take that step.

Jim walked in the door a little after nine. Pam heard him come in and instantly rushed to hug him. She gave him a kiss and a warm hug that they both seemed reluctant to end.

“I missed you.”

“Me too,” Jim said as he kissed the top of her head.

“I want to tell you something.”

“Wait, I was going to ask you if you wanted to go for a walk.”

“I would love that.”

Pam went and got her light jacket and followed Jim out the door. Instead of a walk, Jim waved for a cab and slipped the driver and piece of paper and the fair. Pam looked at him in wonderment.

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.”

----

Leaning on the railing of the Brooklyn Bridge, Pam looked over and smiled at Jim. They both gazed out over the city and the river. The lights of the city were reflecting off the water and creating a beautiful backdrop. Jim pulled her to his side and put his arm around her. With his other hand he pulled out a dollar bill and a pen and held it up.

Pam smiled and grabbed it from him and began to write on it just like the last time. Jim could tell she was having a hard time thinking about things to write. Half of the time she stood with the pen to her lips staring off into the dark. He laughed and took it away from her. He jotted down his thoughts then folded it up and held it out for Pam to grab on. They counted to three and threw the bill out over the water.

Pam reached over to embrace Jim. Everything felt so warm and right in his arms as they watched their regrets and feelings floating through the air.

“What did you write?” Pam said as she nuzzled under his chin.

“Isn’t that against the rules?”

“I don’t care Jim.”

“Well, I don’t think I can just tell you what I wrote. I might need to show you.”

He kissed her and ran his hands along her back gently. Pam knew that now was the right time to tell him that she was ready to move forward. When the kiss ended she looked up and sighed.

“I’m ready to take the next step Jim.”

“You are?”

“Aren’t you?”

Jim hesitated. He nervously put his hands in his pockets and looked at his feet. Pam felt nervous that he didn’t respond right away. Jim then took in a deep breath, and pulled out his hand. He held a tiny velvet box. Jim didn’t take his eyes off of the box. He took another deep breath, wiped his face with his free hand, and lowered himself on one knee.

Pam put her hands to her mouth as her eyes widened. She let out a squeal and did a little dance. Jim opened the ring box and looked up to her.

“Will you, Pamela Beesly, marry me?”

As the tears ran down her cheeks, she bent over and whispered in his ear, “yes.”

He stood up and placed the diamond on her finger. He pulled her hand to his mouth and kissed it. She stood on the tips of her toes to seal the proposal with a kiss as Jim ran his thumb over her cheek to wipe her tears.

“I thought this was supposed to be a happy thing. You look like you are going to a funeral.”

“I’m happy Jim. Girls sometimes cry when they’re happy.”

“I guess I have a lot to learn then,” Jim said as he played with one of her curls.

“Yes, you do.”

“I love you Pam.”

“Jim, I love you so much.”

They gently kissed under the lights of the city.

“What did you write down?”

“You said it was against the rules to tell,” Pam said as she wiped her tears away.

“Screw the rules.”

“I don’t know if I want to tell you what I put Mr. Halpert.”

“I’ll tell you if you tell me. Deal?”

“Then what did you write?”

“Um…I put…I love Pam.”

“You’re a romantic aren’t you?”

“I guess girls do that to me. What did you write?”

“Well, I put down the time I spilled wine on your suit and didn’t tell you.”

“So, that’s how that stain got there?” Jim said as he pointed at her with a grin.

Pam blushed and giggled. “And, I also mentioned some things about this guy that I really love. But, I’ll keep those to myself.”

“Fine.”

He placed another kiss on her mouth and grabbed her hand.

“Let’s get going. We have a long night a head of us.”

Pam dropped her jaw and then laughed.

-----

Almost a year later, Jim and Pam walked up to the familiar doors of Dunder Mifflin Scranton. They had driven the two hours to visit with their old coworkers. This time, they walked hand in hand into the office with Pam resting a hand on her slightly larger stomach. Jim looked down to give her a smile and leaned over to kiss her. They stepped through the door and into the place where their adventure started nearly seven years ago.

 

 

The End.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading, keeping up, leaving reviews and nice comments! I appreciate all the support and thank you from the bottom of my heart. And now, since this is the last chapter, please RATE AND REVIEW!!! I need to see some feedback!!!!! Thanks!

PS- If you havent looked at the pictures that I posted with chapter nine, I would go click on the link and take a peek! They give you a better sense for the story, and especially the Brooklyn Bridge scenes.....:)



BeckySue is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked Something to Give Up also liked 2080 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans