- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
DISCLAIMER: SEE CHAPTER 1

He couldn't believe that right now, he was in the car with Karen, and he was taking her to his place. This was not the way he wanted to end the night. He knew she was pretty drunk, and he figured that Karen would be all over him, but he would decline with a "headache". This is how he had always responded to Karen, just so he wouldn't think about her...

"Hey Jim," she giggled quietly, "Did you notice how Pam didn't even have anyone to dance with? She couldn't even get Dwight to dance with her! Pfft..." Jim's knuckles whitened as he squeezed the steering wheel.

"Karen how many drinks did you have tonight, that your saying all this stuff about Pam?"

"Jim I only had one, and that was a martini, what's up with you tonight? You're so tense. Is it because this wedding was exactly like Pam's. Oh wait she didn't even have a wedding because you told her that you had a crush on her. Right?" She asked this as though it was the easiest question to answer. He also guessed that she was not as drunk as he thought...

Jim stopped the car suddenly, at a small diner, "Karen, I don't just have a crush on Pam, and we didn't only kiss at Dundies when she was drunk..." Jim took a second to look at Karen and her reaction, she was looking out the window, but from what he could see, he could tell that her eyes were brimming with tears, and he lips were sucked into her mouth, so that he wouldn't hear her sobs. He hated to see her like this, but he couldn't keep lying to her about Pam.

"At Casino Night, last year in May, I told Pam that I was in love with her, that it wasn't just a crush, she told me that she couldn't." He remembered that night so well that it always had haunted him. I can't... I'm really sorry if you misinterpreted things... He shook his head to get the memory out.

"And...?" Karen whispered, "what about the kiss?"

"Well, I walked away from her, and when I went upstairs, to kind of look back at Scranton one last time, she was up there, I could hear the cry in her voice. She was on the phone with her mom. I walked up to her and just kissed her, she was the first one to pull back, but God that kiss meant everything to me. She told me she was still marrying Roy, so I walked away from her, and left. And that's when I found you. And Karen I think you're so amazing, and you make me laugh, it's just not the same as Pam. Well that sounded awful." He half laughed.

She giggled to and sniffed, "Jim, please, I've been dumped before, I'll just call a cab." With that, she got out of the car, and closed the door. Jim sighed with relief, and started to drive back to his place.

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are like Jim Halpert, they are very niiiiiice.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans