- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Unfortunately I'm not cool enough to work for NBC or own the Office. But a girl can dream...

Seven feet was the distance between their desks. He stared at her for weeks after he and Karen broke up. He wanted to ask her out but he was afraid it was too late. One Monday, he finally got up the nerve to walk to her desk. He tossed a jelly bean into his mouth and make a comment about their possible expiration date. She smiled.
"So, if you're not busy next Friday night, would you like to have dinner with me? Just like a casual dinner, you know?"
"Sure, Jim. I'd love to go on a date with you."

Seven was the amount of stitches he got after Roy punched him in the face. Darryl found some tapes the camera crew left unattended and decided to show them during lunch. Roy was in complete shock when he heard Jim tell Pam he was in love with her, but as soon as he saw the kiss, he was on his way up to the office. He threw open the doors and walked over to Jim's desk. It didn't take long before he sucker punched Jim out of his chair and onto the floor.

"That's for ruining my life, asshole," he said, as he walked out the doors. Pam ran over to where Jim was laying.
"Jim! Jim, can you hear me?" she yelled.
"Yes, I can hear you. I'm not deaf," he replied.
"You're bleeding. That cut is really deep. We should get you to a hospital. You could need stitches, or you could have a concussion!" She took him to the hospital and held his hand while they sewed his wound shut.


Seven in the morning was when their first date ended. She hair was in knots when she woke up in his bed. He was already in the kitchen making her breakfast. She got dressed and had breakfast with him. She liked how the "morning after" wasn't awkward. It was like they'd been doing it for years. She flung a piece of cereal and hit him in the nose. He laughed and poured her another cup of coffee.


Seven minutes was the length of their first fight. They were sitting on her couch watching a movie, and they started playing the question game. There wasn't a lot they didn't know about each other. It took a while for Pam to come up with a good question.
"Ok, I've got one. What's your number?" she asked.
"My number?" he questioned.
"You know. You're number."
"Oh that number! I don't know, like 20."
"20!"
"Give or take."
"Jim!! 20? That's 20 in, what, 9 years? How many since I've known you?"
"I don't remember."
"Bullshit, Jim!
"Including you?"
"Not including me."
"Half."
"Half?"
"Half."
"So in the 3 years that I've know you, you've had sex with at least 10 girls?"
"I guess. Most of them were just one night stands."
"Oh, well, in that case, if they were just one night stands..."
"Hey you can't get mad at me. You've probably had more sex than I've had. You were the one in a relationship for 10 years. So what, I went to a couple bars, got drunk and went home with a girl every once and a while?"
"Yeah, but 20? That's a lot. A whole lot. You must think I'm like a nun or something."
"I'm here with you right now, aren't I?"
"Yes."
"Okay then. Just drop it."

Seven was the number of fish in the aquarium she bought him. It was an impulse buy. It just looked like something Jim would have in his living room. He loved it, of course. They spent all day trying to name the fish but all they could come up with was naming them after the days of the week. They weren't as creative as they thought. They went shopping together for fun trinkets to go in the aquarium. They settled on a reef, a treasure chest, and a mermaid. He fed the fish religiously for the first few weeks, but after a while he forgot and a few of them died. He went out and replaced the dead ones with new ones so he wouldn't hurt her feelings.


Seven was the number of times she threw up on her birthday. Everyone in the office went to Poor Richard's after work. Pam was not normally a big drinker, but for some reason she felt like celebrating that night. Jim made sure he kept his alcohol intake low when he saw her take her 5th shot. When the bar was finally ready to close, she could barely walk.
"Ya know what?" she stammered.
"What Pam?" he humored her, helping her to the car.
"I pretty much think this is the best birthday I've ever had."
"You may be whistling a different tune tomorrow morning, when you have to get up for work."
"I love you."
"I love you, too, Pam." He drove her back to his place. He held her hair back while she spent most of the night with her head in the toilet.


Seven was the number of times he practiced proposing that morning. He had it all planned out. She would never suspect it. He walked up to her desk about an hour after lunch. He played it cool.
"Question. What are you doing June 23rd of next year?" he asked.
"That's a little far in advance, don't you think? I can hardly remember what I ate for breakfast," she chuckled.
"It was pancakes, and I think you should check on that date to make sure nothing's going on."
"Do you really need that information right now?
"Just check your day planner and make sure the date is open, please."
"I think you've finally lost your mind." She dug in her desk drawer for her planner. She opened it up to June 23rd. It was a Saturday. It read ‘Jim and Pam's Wedding.'
"Oh my god."
"Pam, will you marry me?"
"Yes! Yes, I'll marry you!" She nearly jumped over her desk and pulled him into a hug.
"Good, because it cost me 50 bucks to reserve that date." She smacked his arm, while everyone in the office cheered.


Seven was the number of blocks between their new condo and Dunder-Mifflin. They didn't intentionally pick it, but it was pretty convenient. They spent the entire day unloading the moving truck and unpacking the boxes. The first thing they did was set up the TV and DVD player in front of the couch. She put on a movie and Jim ordered Chinese.
"Okay, after dinner we have to finish getting this place together," she said.
"I think we've done enough for the day. Tomorrow's Saturday. We've got all day," he argued.
"Eh, you're right."
"Wait, you're not going to fight me on this, Ms. Efficient?"
"No. I'm tired and I kind of do want to relax."
"Where are we going to sleep? I still need to put the bed together."
"Let's unpack the blankets and sleep on the floor. There's carpet."
"You surprise me sometimes, Beesly." They finished the rest of the movie, curled up on the living room floor and fell asleep.


Seven was the number of bridesmaids Pam decided she wanted. They all stood at the altar in matching burgundy dresses, as she began to walk down the aisle on her father's arm. Jim felt his knees start to shake. He'd never seen her look as beautiful as she did right now. She was smiling at him and he was trying hard to not tear up. They met and linked arms. They exchanged traditional vows and sealed it with a kiss. She tried not to jump up and down when the priest presented them as Mr. and Mrs. James Halpert.


Seven was number of times he tried to get her to sneak away before she finally did. They hid in the coat room like 2 junior high kids. They were drunk with laughter.
"I'm sorry. I just wanted to be alone with you for a few minutes."
"I know what you mean. Why did my mother have to go and invite all these extended family members I don't know?"
"Weddings and funerals. That's the only time you see them."
"Exactly!"
"You look beautiful."
"Thanks. I'm glad you went with the normal tie instead of the bow tie. I thought you looked like a penguin with that stupid thing on."
"Don't dis the bow."
"I'm not dissing anything."
"We should get back. I told Dwight there might be wedding crashers here. He was giving the caterers the 3rd degree the last time I saw him. I just wanted to say that it took us a long time of silly mistakes and misunderstandings before we got here. But either way, I'm glad we got here."
"Me, too. "
"Well, Mrs. Halpert. We should probably get back to the large room full of people we invited."
"Ok. I'll race ya!"




bigtuna86 is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Seven also liked 1133 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans