- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is my first Office fanfic, and is the result of a slow workday in the Borders cafe and my best friend Annie for knowing way to much about PennDot.

Extra special thanks to nomadshan for beta reading!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Pam sighed. The DMV may have been the worst place to spend a Saturday morning.  It was hot, it smelled, and it was boring. Pam tucked her bangs behind her ear and shifted on the balls of her feet. She dug her cell phone out of her bag and quickly dialed a number.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Jim, I am so bored. Please distract me."


"Where are you?"

 

"In Dunmore.”


“What's in Dunmore?”


“The DMV,” Pam grumbled.


Jim chuckled. “Having fun?”


“I think I'd rather be doing a Saturday shift, though.  Are you guys getting a lot done?"


"I guess.  I mean, it's Saturday but it sounds like I'm having more fun than you are."


"I bet. At least you can entertain yourself by irritating Dwight." Pam glanced at the line of people in front of her.  "I'm stuck with the finest citizens of Lackawanna County, so yeah...I'm having great conversations and making lifelong friends."


"Aw, sorry to hear that.  Well, would a quick game of 20 Questions help pass the time?"


Pam giggled.  "Animal, vegetable, or mineral?"

 

Ten minutes and a chinchilla, a mouse pad, and Michael's Dundie award later, Pam had finally made her way to the front of the line.  "Hey Jim, I have to go.  I'm next."


"Aw, just when the competition heats up, you magically have to go.  I see how you play!"


"We can finish this on Monday when we're even more bored at work, how's that?"


"Awesome.  I'll talk to you soon, okay?"


"Yeah—oh, my number just dinged.  Gottarunbye!"

 

Pam hung up the phone and threw it into her bag.  "Hi, I need to request a name change on my license and title from Beesly to Halpert."

 

Pam handed the woman the forms. While the clerk started on the paperwork, Pam smiled and wondered if Jim would be up for a round of 20 Questions before bed.



Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!


dylan619xf is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked DMV also liked 2040 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans