- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Contains spoilers through "Grief Counseling" episode 3.04

- Track Two -

 

How could he have missed the bird funeral? 

 

She was still laughing about the entire affair on her way home from work.  She imagined the way their talk afterward in the break room would go.  His eyes would sparkle brightly with laughter.  Her shoulders would shake with giggles, and she would hold on to his arm as she tried to regain her composure. 

 

As she made her way through traffic, she listened to the oldies station on the radio.  When her favorite Stevie Wonder song came on, she turned up the radio and sang along.

 

Like a fool I went and stayed too long

Now I'm wondering if your love's still strong

Ooh baby

Here I am, signed, sealed, delivered I'm yours

Here I am baby

Oh, you've got the future in your hand

Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours 

 

Pam loved these times - when her thoughts of him left her happy and full of life, rather than the hollow feeling that she had gotten accustomed to in the past months.  She basked in that full feeling all evening, and started sketching ideas for a watercolor landscape as soon as she got home.  A field of sunflowers, overlooked by a house with a terrace on the second floor.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Song lyrics are from "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" by Stevie Wonder.  Written by Lee Garrett, Lula Mae Hardaway, Stevie Wonder, Syreeta Wright

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans