- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters, settings, or anything officially "The Office." I am interested in acquiring Andy's "Rockin' Robin" ringtone, however, but I'm still just hopeful about that one.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Documentary makers POV, an introduction
We didn't expect our small workplace documentary to reveal so many great stories, least of all a sweet love story that had even our gruffest grip squealing like a schoolgirl when we watched the raw footage.  We thought we'd just shoot 4 months of workplace drudgery and come away with a great artistic statement about the soul-crushing nature of the corporate machine.  But, we had neglected to consider that our subjects were actual people with actual stories.  And, the longer we taped, the better the stories got, and so we kept going back for more and more funding.  But, we still had these lapses in our grant money, forcing the occasional 6-10 week hiatus in filming.  There were so many dull days, you wouldn't think that it would matter.   But, it started to look like it was going to matter a lot. 

It all happened so simply, in the end.  But, of course, with the hideous timing we'd come to expect from those two.   Just as our funding grant expired, forcing us to stop shooting for six weeks, four years of dancing and avoiding and waiting were resolved.  It's not that we weren't happy for them.  But, come ON.   Could they not have worked out their freaking problems in the BEGINNING of a shooting schedule?  

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans