- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

My first story :D Hope you like it

& also I sadly (no VERY sadly) do not own anything related to the office...

Pam quickly surveyed the office. There was only Toby and Angela still rushing around , trying to hurriedly get their work done before the three day weekend. Pam stared at her computer for a moment, today was so hectic she barley got any work done, so she needed to stay late to catch up with at least the bare minimum before she could leave without feeling bad. (Even considering the people she worked with , and the person who was her boss.) She waved to Toby who gave her a broad smile as he grabbed his coat and walked out the door, and must have been very involved in her work for awhile, because she didn’t even notice Angela leave, but her jacket was gone as well.

It was weird being in the office alone a usually loud place so quiet. It just didn’t seem right. She heard the main heater shut of for the night making it even more eerily silent. She remembered the only other time she had been in the office alone like this, but quickly pushed it from her mind to spare herself from tears again. She finished her work shortly after this and went to shut of the light in the conference room, she was also about to shut the blinds when she noticed the total white out outside.

Quickly she walked to her desk to turn on her little fm-am radio. After a little tweaking with the knobs on the back of the it the local station came up.

“Update for the town of Scranton, there was just a travel advisory issued and all residents are asked to stay home to avoid accidents on the roads. More updates will be coming soon, just keep tuned in to 93Q your number one hit music station.” Pam shut the radio off miserably . She didn’t want to spend the first night of her weekend in here. She sighed ,It’s not like she’d have anything better to do anyways.

At fist Pam was horrified with the idea of spending more time in the building. But her gaze quickly fell to Jim’s desk. She’d missed him so much since he’d left, left , and never really came back. Once or twice it seemed they’d take a step or two in the right direction, but then something else would always push them farther then they were before and the thing was she never even knew what happened. She sat down in his chair and swiveled back and forth a few times before leaning back to look at the ceiling. Did he love Karen? Did he tell her that he loved her? Had he really been gone long enough to forget all about her and find someone else entirely? Some one who was almost the exact opposite of her? Maybe he never really loved her at all. Maybe she was the one who really needed to tell him how she felt now before the chance would pass her, never mind with the basis they were on they spoke no more then 10 words a day to each other. She decided she needed some practice.

 

“Jim…I Love you”

No, It’s not like she could just say it like that after so long.

“Jim I have to tell you something, I’ve missed you so much…”

She cleared her throat.

“Jim…”

“Jim… I missed you, and I realized I do love you and I can’t really stop it.”

This was stupid. She would need to practice for months if she ever really wanted to stand up to him .Especially now that he and Karen didn’t seem to be breaking up any time soon. Pam was concentrating so hard she didn’t hear the door open.

Jim wondered why he still worked at his place. Michael had called him, never mind the snow advisory and told him he NEEDED to go to his office and look for his red slinky. He needed it for some kind of anniversary for Jan tomorrow To spare himself from the details Jim hesitantly took off to Dunder Mifflin.

“I Love you Jim, and I don’t care how you feel anymore I just….”

She started over again

“Jim I L…”

The voice behind her sounded chocked up, but still quite distinguishable,

“Really, Pam?” Pam sat frozen solid is his chair facing Stanley’s desk.She stared at his latest crossword puzzle.

“I…” Pam quickly stood up and rushed to her coat but only tripping over the chair instead. Against her will tears started to flow down her cheeks.

“Pam?” his voice was steady now , “ I love you too.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Well that's it, C&C welcome, and 93Q is actually a real radio station

www.93Q.com

 



MexicanLemonade is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Red Slinky also liked 1670 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans