- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just something I thought of while listening to my iTunes one day. The italicized lyrics are from "Ready For Love" by India. Arie.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

I am ready for love.

Why are you hiding from me?

Jim, did you really think that I didn’t know what you were up to when you told me that you were dating Karen? We’ve been best friends since I’ve worked at Dunder-Mifflin; of course I knew what you were doing. I had hurt you badly, so you are hiding behind your relationship. Kind of like how I would hide behind Roy. But Jim, I’m not hiding anymore.

 

I’d quickly give my freedom

To be held in your captivity.

 

Remember when we joked over the phone that I was Fancy New Beesly with a fancy new apartment and fancy new habits. But all this fancy newness is wearing thin. I just want to be yours.

 

I am ready for love,
All of the joy and the pain
And all the time that it takes
Just to stay in your good grace.

I know that relationships are hard; I’ve been in one for most of my adult life. But with you, I would want to make it work, want to try harder to please you. Because you are worth it to me. And the thing is that I know you would do the same. Please, don’t look away. You know it’s true. You can’t say that you aren’t half-assing it with Karen because you know I’m right. Honestly, how much thought did you put into getting her the perfect Christmas gift? I know that you say it was an inside joke, but wasn’t the teapot and the bonus gifts all inside jokes too? There was a difference, Jim. A big, huge, noticeable difference that you can’t deny.

 

Would you please lend me your ear?
I promise I won't complain;
I just need you to acknowledge I am here.

Jim, don’t pretend that I’m not here. Don’t look away when I catch you looking at me; I love when you look at me. You used to look at me like there was nothing else you’d rather see. I miss that. I miss you.

 

If you give me half a chance,
I'll prove this to you.
I will be patient, kind, faithful and true
To a man who loves music,
A man who loves art,
Respects the spirit world,
And thinks with his heart.

All I need is a second chance, Jim. Give me a chance to make it up to you. We both know I was lying when I said that I couldn’t; I was too scared to see that I could. So, why won’t you just let me try? We’ve both messed up along the way, dealing each other hurtful blows. But I’ll forgive you for Karen and missing my art show if you’ll forgive me for Roy and denying our first date. I’ll forgive you even if you don’t. Just let me in.

 

I am ready for love
Here with an offering of
My voice,
My eyes,
My soul,
My mind.

I don’t really know what else to say except what is obvious. I’m sorry for every hurtful thing I’ve ever done to you. I love you beyond everything I thought love was. I miss talking to you. I’m tired of pretending that neither one of us cares.

 

Tell me what is enough
To prove I am ready for love.

All you need to do is tell me how to make this better; I’ll do it without question. I just wanted to let you know.

I am ready.



somuchmore is the author of 5 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans