- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Pam shows up on Jim's doorstep.

Jim had just dropped Karen off after the party. He hadn’t kissed her goodnight, frankly because he didn’t want to. He hated the prank she had pulled on him. It had made him feel jealous inside, and angry. Pam would have never made him feel that way. If only he was with Pam…..

 

He pulled his Corolla into the driveway when he saw something on his doorstep. He couldn’t make out who it was, but when he turned the engine off and got out of his car, he saw her. Even though it was pitch black and the stars were his only light, he knew it was her. She was crying, and he couldn’t believe that she was there, on his doorstep. Maybe God had been listening to his prayers at night, because the only thing that Jim wanted to see when he came home was Pam, on his doorstep.

 

“Pam?” Jim whispered to his best friend. She had her head in her hands, and she was crying hysterically.

 

“Hi Jim. Listen, I need to tell you something.”

 

“OK”, Jim said in a comforting matter. All he wanted to do was hold her and kiss all her problems away.

 

“Tonight, at Poor Richards, I told Roy”

 

“Told him what?” Jim said with a confused look on his face.

 

“About Casino Night. How you told me you loved me and that you wanted us to be more than what we were and that I had feelings for you even though I couldn’t tell you because I was so afraid and that you kissed me and I kissed you back.”

 

“Oh”, Jim said. He had no idea what was going on. His head was spinning. “Wait. You had feelings for me too?”

 

Pam nodded her head, then looked down. Her face was red, partially because she was embarrassed to even admit the fact, partially because it was only 25 degrees outside.

 

“He flipped out. Started shattering glasses and that big mirror, and Roy’s brother just started to smash stools. It was ugly. I told him it was over.”

 

She started sobbing again. Jim pulled her close and held her in his arms. He forgot how good he could feel in her arms.

 

Without speaking, Jim tilted her head so that she was looking straight into his eyes. “Pam, I love you, and I always will. More than Roy ever can. Roy is a selfish asshole who only thinks of himself, and I couldn’t care more about you.”

 

Pam sat there, stunned. And then Pam felt a familiar feeling. One that she had experienced what seemed such a long time. It was Jim’s lips on hers, only this time she didn’t pull away. It seemed as if they were two teenagers, making out for what seemed the longest time.

 

After a while, he pulled away. “How did that feel?”, Jim said with a grin on his face.

 

“That made me feel so good”, Pam sighed.

 

“That’s what she said!”, Jim exclaimed. They both giggled until Pam got serious. “I have to tell you something.”

 

“What is it Pammy?”. Jim new she hated being called that. She smiled. “Jim, I’m serious.” Jim stopped smiling.

 

“After Roy was done destroying the bar, I left. But I heard him say that he was going to kill you. I think he might come over here and try to fight you. That’s the reason I’m here, is to tell you to be careful.”

 

“Well, I guess we will just have to wait and see if he comes. Stay with me Pam, I need you right now.” Jim had wanted to say that for a long time.

 

Jim leaned over to kiss her. “Wait, Jim. What about Karen?”

 

“What about her? Oh shit” Jim realized he would have to break up with his girlfriend before he could be with Pam. “OK, I’ll tell her tomorrow. We had a date planned, so I guess I’ll just have to break it to her. You know, she really likes me.”

 

“And you don’t like her?” Pam questioned.

 

“Never as much as you”.

 

So Jim and Pam waited. On his doorstep. After 2 hours of waiting for Roy to show up, he had figured that he wasn’t going to show.

 

“Well, I guess your little Roy boy won’t show up.” Jim smiled.

 

“Guess not. Bet he’s passed out. Or in jail if Richard called the cops.”

 

“Let’s go inside. It’s 3PM and you look awfully tired.”

 

“OK. We can sleep in since tomorrow’s Saturday.”

 

Roy quit his job at Dunder Mifflin the following Monday. Karen quit shortly thereafter, when Jim broke up with her. And exactly one year after they sat on his doorstep, Jim proposed to her. And she said yes.

 

This time, she wouldn’t have to wait 3 years for happiness.

 The End
Chapter End Notes:

Hope you liked it! reviews would be awesome, thanks.



Office O Holic is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked On His Doorstep also liked 1642 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans