- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Pam's POV
She was at Poor Richard’s with her art class when it aired. She didn’t intend on watching it, but it was on the TV at the bar. She watched in horror as the entire kiss was relived. She was reminded of her mistakes and begged the bar tender to shut it off. It was too late. Everyone had seen it.
    “Pam! Oh my gosh!” Sandra, the spunky girl from her art class, shrieked.
    “I had no idea that was even filmed! This is terrible,” she said, “do you have any idea what Roy is going to do to Jim when and if he sees this? He’d kill him. Karen probably hates me now, too. No one knows that happened. I knew this reality show thing was a bad idea to begin with.”
    “Pam, calm down! I’m sure Roy didn’t see any of this. And what difference does it make now? You guys aren’t even together anymore.”
    “That’s not the point. We were together when that happened.”
    “Well, I think it’s romantic.”
    “He’s with another girl, Sandra. He’s dating someone who isn’t me and when she sees this she’s going to freak out, too. Trust me.”
    “Who cares! He hasn’t told her he loves her now has he?”
    “Well no…”
    “And she moved here for him. So not only are you a few runs ahead of her, you also have home field advantage!”
    “But he’s never been anything more than my friend. What does that say?”
    “That he’s a chicken shit.”
    “Right. Ok. I think if I sit here any longer, I’ll drink myself into a coma. I need to go home. I’ll see you next week.”
    “Hang in there, Pam.” She got in her car and headed home. The next day at work was going to be torture, especially with Karen there. She would shoot her daggers all day before confronting her about that night. She entertained the idea of telling her off, but she didn’t need to. Sandra was right. She really did one up Karen. Jim was(or still may be) in love with her. Her thoughts had now made her wish she’d stayed at the bar. She stopped at the Quik Stop on her way home for a bottle of wine and some snacks. She knew she would probably go home, drink the whole bottle, and be hung over for work in the morning. But at this point, it didn’t matter anymore. She went to the counter to pay for her things. The girl at the counter was smirking at her.
    “You watch the show?” Pam asked her.
    “Big fan,” she replied.
    “Thanks. Have a good night.”
    “Pam, wait! Choose Jim.”
    “I’m sorry?”
    “Choose Jim.”
    “Thanks for the advice,” she said walking out. She then added under her breath, “if only I’d gotten it a year ago.” She decided it was best to call in sick the next day.
Chapter End Notes:
REVIEW!!! Sorry these are so short. They'll be getting longer I promise.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans