- Text Size +
The entire office was dead silent on Monday morning. Michael was in an early meeting in New York so he wouldn’t be in until 3. Pam and Jim didn’t make eye contact all day. Karen was staring daggers at Pam, but she pretended not to notice. Even Kelly knew not to talk about it. Pam’s heart skipped a beat every time she heard a door open. Roy still hadn’t reacted to Thursday’s show so she was assuming he hadn’t seen it. When he finally did walk through the door, Jim stopped breathing.
    “Hey Pammy,” Roy said, “how was your weekend?”
    “My…my weekend? It was g…good. How about yours?” she responded, nervously.
    “It was great. Listen, I’m having a barbeque at my place this weekend, and it would be really cool if you could come.”
    “Sure, Roy. That sounds nice.”
    “Ok, great. Because I sort of met someone and she’s really great and I want you to meet her so you could tell me what you think. And you can totally bring someone, too, if you’re seeing anybody.”
    “Wow. I’m really happy for you Roy! And I would love to meet her.”
    “Great. And Halpert, why don’t you and Karen come, too?”
    “Sure. No problem. We’ll be there. Sounds good,” he responded, quickly.
    “What’s with him?”
    “I think he’s just really tired. So tell me about this girl.”
    “Hello, everyone! Happy Monday!” Michael burst in the door.
    “Good morning, Michael,” Pam said.
    “Jeez, it is quiet in here! I thought Thursday’s show would be the talk of the town today!”
    “Michael, I have your messages!” she tried desperately to get his mind off that topic.
    “Oh yeah. What happened on Thursday’s show? I forgot to TiVo it,” Roy asked.
    “Oh nothing really. Michael always gets really excited about the show.”
    “Jimbo! High five, right here! I didn’t think you had it in you to pull that off!” Jim was horrified by Michael’s statement.
    “Michael, these messages are really important,” Pam pleaded.
    “What’s going on?” Roy asked.
    “Nothing. I just want to get out of here early today. Deal or No Deal is on tonight, and I have a lot to do at home. And I don’t want to be waiting for Michael all day.”
    “Ok, well. I better get back to work, then. I’ll see you this weekend.” And Roy left. Pam let out a sigh of relief. For some reason Karen looked angrier than she did before. She walked over to the copy machine and began copying files. When she was finished, she threw the original files on Pam’s desk.
    “You are really pathetic, you know? Why didn’t you just tell him the truth?” she spat at Pam.
    “No offense, Karen, but it’s really not any of your business,” she came back.
    “I think my boyfriend is my business.”
    “Well he wasn’t your boyfriend when that happened therefore its none of your business.”
    “You’re really pathetic, Pam.” She walked away. She was right. She was pathetic. She couldn’t even tell Jim how she really felt about him, especially when then entire country knew about his feelings. Finally their silence was broken by instant message.
JHalpert: I know what you’re thinking. And you’re not pathetic.
Beesly_P: Then how come I feel that way?
JHalpert: Because my girlfriend was acting like a bitch.
Beesly_P: That’s true. But she was right.
JHalpert: Hallway. 2 minutes. Karen just went to the bathroom and we should talk.
    And with that he signed off. She walked out into the hallway and he was standing there.
    “We’re both missing from the office. This isn’t obvious at all,” she said.
    “I don’t care right now. Have dinner with me tonight,” he made it sound like a demand instead of a request.
    “What? Are you serious?”
    “Yes.”
    “You have a girlfriend, Jim.”
    “I broke up with her Saturday. So that makes me single. Thus we should have dinner tonight.”
    “Ok then. I guess I can do that.”
    “Good. I thought I’d ask now. You know, just in case Karen tells Roy anything and he kills me with a box cutter later.”

Chapter End Notes:
REVIEWS!!!!!! next chapter is gonna rock!!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans