- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
this ones kinda funny. its mostly dialogue, though.
It was in the air. That awkward funk. They both lay in silence the next morning unable to speak or move. He was afraid to look at her, and she was too busy pretending to be asleep to notice he was awake. His alarm went off and he turned to wake her up.
“Uh, Pam? Are you awake, yet?” he asked, timidly.
“Yeah,” she responded.
“Do you want coffee or breakfast or anything?”
“Coffee sounds good.”
“Ok, I’ll let you…um…I’ll just meet you in the kitchen, then.” He grabbed a t-shirt on his way to the kitchen and thanked God he threw his boxers on before he fell asleep. When she finally emerged, she was wearing on of his button down shirts. Her curls were tangled and her eye make up was smudged under her eyes.
“Good morning,” he said, giving her a quick peck on the lips.
“Morning,” she responded, “so…”
Jim began to walk around the kitchen, pretending to straighten up. She probably thinks I've lost my mind, he though to himself.
“Why is this so weird?” Pam finally broke the silence.
“Because I’m your best friend and we slept together last night.”
“Good point.”
“But this shouldn’t be weird right? I mean, we’ve known each other for years and know we just…”
“…know each other better?”
“You are aware that we just skipped like 4 or 5 dates ahead of normal people, right?”
“But when have we ever done anything normal?”
“True,” he smirked, “I guess we’re not your normal, every day couple, now are we?”
“So we’re a couple now?”
“Well no. Or yes. Damn it.”
“So we’re just dating, then?”
“I guess. Shit. Why is this so hard?”
“I don’t know.”
“Could it be my ex-girlfriend who refuses to accept that fact that I don’t want to be with her anymore? It could also be your ex-fiancé, who could take me out with one punch.”
“Both excellent factors, but Karen might kick my ass before Roy
kicks yours then.”
“Well, just let me know when you guys plan on having your chick fight. I plan on selling tickets and starting a pool. I’m not going to lie to you, Pam. If Karen’s Call of Duty skills are anything like her fighting skills, you’re going down. Quick. ”
“Funny, Halpert,” she laughed, smacking his shoulder. He laughed.
“Well, it seems like we surpassed the awkward, after sex funk.”
“Thank God.”
“I hate the funk.”
“I haven’t felt the funk in almost 10 years.”
“It’s been a while for me too. Not that long though.”
“What? No funk with Karen?”
“Surprisingly, no. She’s very talkative the next morning actually.”
“I remember my first and only funk. We kind of just lay there in the back of Roy
’s pick-up. We didn’t look at each other or say anything. Not even when he drove me home. That funk lasted for almost a week.”
“My worst was when I was in college. I woke up next to a girl I went home with the night before. I didn’t remember a thing. We talked to each other with one word sentences. It was awful. Come to think of it, I don’t think I remember catching her name. That experience ruined one night stands for me.”
“Ok, you win.”
“This reminds of me the worst first date talk.”
“I’d almost forgotten about that. I don’t remember ever hearing yours.”
“I made a girl dinner on a roof once. We watched fireworks and danced to the music we shared on my iPod. Then she went home to some other guy.”
“Ouch.”
“It was the best and worst date I’ve ever been on.”
“At least you didn’t get left at a hockey game.”
“I’m not the one who was engaged to said jerk off.”
“Now you’ve got jokes. It’s too early for jokes.” She laughed anyway. He leaned over the table and kissed her forehead lightly.
“One plus to the funk, though,” he said, smirking.
“Impossible. There’s nothing good about the funk.”
“Well, it only happens once per person. The next time you won’t feel so awkward waking up here.”
“And who says I’m going to have sex with you, again?”
“At this point and time, I think it’s pretty much implied.” He kissed her again. For real this time. She’d forgotten all about how weird it felt waking up in her best friends bed, and the evil looks Karen was going to give her when she showed up to work in the same clothes she was the day before.

 



bigtuna86 is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Season Finale also liked 2291 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans