- Text Size +

 

Pam's Point of View: The Pilot

 

Pam woke up and got in the shower. She had slept in ten extra minutes today, so she had to hurry. Roy had told her several times before, "Don't get me up until after you've showered! I need more sleep than you!" So Pam kept this in mind.

 

Pam was in the shower for a total of 11 minutes when she rushed out to go fix her hair. She brushed her teeth and took her hair of the towel to scrunch it like every other day. Her hair was naturally curly, but she did have a hair straightener.

 

Would it be too much if I straightened my hair, just once?

 

Pam decided against it. Plus it would take longer to straighten her hair, and she had to be ready on time, or her and Roy would get in another fight.

 

"Roy, it's time to get up."

 

"Hold on babe!"

Pam left the room to avoid arguing with Roy and got her self dressed, then blew her hair completely dry.

 

"Roy, you have to get up!"

 

"Alright! God!"

 

Roy may have been grumpy about it, but at least Pam got him up this time. There had been times before that Roy would be hung over and he wouldn't even get out of bed.

 

Roy started up the car and then came back in to get dressed. Today, Pam decided to wear a light blue shirt and grey skirt. Roy didn't really notice what she wore, but she always wanted to look nice for some reason...

 

Pam hopped in the car and waited for Roy to come out. Roy took his time but eventually made it out to the car.

 

Roy and Pam never hardly talked when they were on their way to work together. This time was no exception. Roy got a little road rage on the way up, but that was about the extent of it.

 

As soon as Roy's truck stopped in Dunder Mifflin parking lot, Pam jumped out. Pam liked where she worked, and who she worked with...

 

When Pam walked in, Jim wasn't at his desk. But when she looked in Michael's office, Jim was sitting in there. She could hear Michael but was unable to translate what he was saying.

 

When Jim walked out, he looked relieved to see her. She smiled at him and he smiled back. Pam wondered how anyone could have such a precious smile.

 

While Pam was writing down a few things, she saw Michael coming by her desk.

 

Here we go...

 

It was the first day with the cameras, so Michael was even more over the top than he usually is.

 

"This is our receptionist, Pam. PAM! PAM, PAM!"

 

Michael beat on Pam's desk and made her wonder why in the world she was still working here.

 

"Pam Beesly, uhhhh Pam has been with us uhm for forever. Right Pam?"

 

Pam tried to shake it off.

 

"Well, I don't know"

 

"If you think she's cute now, you should've seen her a couple years ago. Rawreeeeeee!"

 

"What?!"


"Uhhh... any messages?"

 

"Uhm, yea just a fax."

 

"Oh, Pam this is from corporate. How many times have I told you that there's a special filing cabinet for things from corporate?"

 

Pam tried to remember. 

 

"You haven't told me that."

 

"Waste paper basket!"

 

Michael laughed, but Pam was annoyed, as usual.

 

Is he going to act like this every day around the cameras?

I wonder if Jim has seen all this.

 

Pam looked over and Jim was working on something, so she didn't bother him.

 

Pam got to work and it felt like hours before she finally looked up from her desk. She played Solitare most of the time. But, it had only been one hour.

 

Then, the camera people asked to have an interview with Pam. Pam talked about her water color and how she liked to do illustrations. Then, she was told she could get back to work.

 

Another hour went by of her playing Free Cell and Solitare. When, she looked up at Jim.

 

Why is Jim shoving pencils all over his desk?

 

Pam smiled. She knew she was privileged to have Jim as a best friend.

 

Then, Dwight took the stapler and started pushing all the pencils through the crack in-between him and Jim's desk.

 

The day was going pretty fast. She had a meeting with Jan and Michael, and then everyone was called into the conference room to talk about the downsizing rumors.

 

It was almost the end of the day, and surprisingly, she hadn't spoken to Jim all day. But he did know her favorite type of yogurt, he told the cameras that.

 

At 4:00 Dwight freaked out because Jim put his stapler in Jell-O again... and Pam couldn't help but laugh out loud.

 

At 5:10 Jim finally came up to her desk. They were laughing about Dwight and his overreaction about everything.

 

"Do you like uhh goin' out at the end of the week, for a drink?"

 

Jim, is this like, a date?

 

"Yea."

 

"Yea, well that's why we're all goin' out, so we can have an end of the week drink."

 

Oh, other people are going...

 

"So when are we going out?"

"I don't know, tonight hopefully."

 

"Okay."

 

Uh oh, Roy. He wont care if I go. I'll just say it casually, like it's not a big deal. Because it isn't.

 

"Hey man."

 

"What's goin' on?"

 

Good, Roy said hi to Jim, he probably likes him. I mean, why wouldn't he like him? Jim is a nice guy.

 

"Hey baby."

 

"Hey."

 

"Do you mind if I go out for a drink with these guys?"

 

"Uhh no, no, no. Come on. Let's get out of here, go home."

 

Roy! Why can't I just go... Oh well. Don't pick a fight with him. Just do your faxes and get out of here!

 

"Okay, ummm... I'm gonna be a few minutes it's only 20 past five I still have to do my faxes."

 

Oh my God! Why wont Roy let me do anything? It would be fun... Roy could even come! But I guess from last night he wouldn't want to. Maybe he shouldn't drink so much... Oh, what's this? A fax for Michael. One more stop Pam, that's it. Only one more and then you're out of here!

 

Pam knocked on Michael's door and he told her just a minute. Pam waited very impatiently and finally Michael let her in.

 

"You got a fax."

 

"Thank you."

 

"No problem."

 

Michael told Pam she was fired. Pam started crying, but not because of the job loss per say, but because Michael told her she had been caught stealing post-it notes. Then, Michael told her it was a prank.

 

"You're a jerk!"

 

"I don't know about that."

 

Pam slammed the door and became more furious than she was before.

 

What kind of boss would do that? Did that seriously just happen? I can't believe this. What kind of day has this even been? I can't go have drinks with Jim and now my boss plays a joke on me and says I'm fired! Well, there's Jim now. Maybe I'll catch him before he goes.

 

"Hey."

 

"Hey."

 

"How are ya?"

 

"Good, I thought you were going out for a drink with-"

 

"Oh, no. No... Just decided to uh-"

 

He's not going? Was Roy mean to him when I went to do my faxes?

 

"How's your headache?"

 

"It's better."

 

"Good."

 

"Thanks."

 

"That's great."

 

I wonder if he's walking out. Okay, umm...

 

"Is uh... ummm... are you uhhh..."

 

"Am I walking out?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Yes I, do you wanna-"

 

"Yea."

 

"Great."

"Let me just get uh..."

 

[horn honks]

 

"Oh, Roy... uhhhh..."

 

"Yea, listen, have a nice weekend."

 

"Yea definitely, you too. Enjoy it."

 

Why is Roy so impatient? No drinks, no walking out with Jim. Doesn't he understand we are just friends? It's alright Pam, calm down. I'm sure he doesn't mean to be the way he is. Maybe it wasn't even Roy honking the horn. Maybe Roy has already left.

 

Okay, so it was him. Oh well. Think happy thoughts, don't start a fight with him.

 

"Pam it took you fifteen minutes, what were you doing in there?"

 

"Well, Michael called me into his office so I-"

 

"Michael had left already!"

 

"I know I was just getting everything finished up."

 

"Yea well next time you need to hurry it up. I can't afford to buy gas every time you decide to go at your own damn pace."

 

"Okay Roy."

 

Pam rode the entire car ride home without saying a word. Finally, Roy said something.

 

"Why did Halpert want you to go out for a drink so bad? He even told me I could go. Doesn't he understand you're private property. He acts like he's got some little crush on you or something."

 

"Roy, don't be-"

 

Wait, is that why Jim asked me to go out for drinks with him, and then when Roy said I couldn't he didn't go? No, Jim and I are just friends. Jim knows that.

 

"Don't be ridiculous. Me and Jim are just friends, and besides, he probably just wanted to have a good time with a bunch of friends and figured it would be fun if we came along."

 

"Well, he knows that we are engaged and soon to be married. So he better not be making any little moves on you or anything like that."

 

Pam Halpert... Pam Anderson... Oh no.

 

For the first time, Pam thought of life with Jim as more than just a friend. Every time Pam thought about her name with Roy's last name, she thought of Pamela Anderson. She dreaded that.

 



mollichab is the author of 0 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans