- Text Size +

            In college, Angela was finally free.  She wasn’t tormented about being a geek – in fact, she looked upon it as an honor. She was an equal among her peers, the teachers respected her, and classes were more of a discussion group than a lecture.

            One Friday in November, her roommate decided to throw a party. Angela was wary of the idea; she didn’t want random people in her room, her sanctuary from the craziness that went on about her. She shut up about it, though. She didn’t want to risk the precious friendships she had formed in the past months.

            At eleven, people started showing up, bringing beer and pizza. Soon, their room was crowded with people, and music was blaring. Angela could hardly move, she wanted nothing more than to climb into bed and sleep. Yet, currently, her bed had people making out, and pizza boxes all over it.

            “Yo! Ang, here. Drink this, loosen up,” her roommate shoved a beer in her hands. Angela took a hesitant sip, and grimaced as she swallowed.

            Two beers later, and Angela was looser. She got to second base with a few different guys, and vaguely remembers taking off her shirt at one point. She realizes how freeing drinking can be, she hadn’t been this happy in years.

            At one, the police came. This hadn’t been the first complaint, and since it was their room, Angela and her roommate were arrested.

            Angela spent the night in jail, until they decided that a warning was sufficient and no charges were being pressed.
Chapter End Notes:
So, you like? Please review.


EmilyHalpert is the author of 44 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked The Way Things Are also liked 202 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans