- Text Size +

Pam ran her fingers through her long, curly hair as she walked home from work. It's been six years since Dunder Mifflin had closed, and Pam hadn't talked to any of them since. Not Roy. Not even Jim. She's married now, to a wonderful man named Glen. He's a year older than she, 33. He is tall, lanky with black hair. He has the most georgous eyes, a deep navy blue. His only flaws are laziness and he has a slight drinking problem, (which she didn't know about when she married him.) She has a beautiful daughter named Lily, who is 3 years old. She had changed so much in the last six years. Her wardrobe, for one. No more sweaters and long skirts. She was a high-paid graphic designer for a local company, and pantsuits were her new thing. She's finally left the past in the past and moved on for once.

----

She continued to walk the last 5 blocks to her new apartment. She reached into her coat pocket and grabbed the white iPod Glen bought her for Christmas last year. She 'shuffled' the songs:

I want to live where soul meets body,

and let the sun wrap its arms around me;

She hated that song now. Bad memories, to say the least. It only brought back the image of her and Jim the the parking lot listening to his iPod, her hair swaying the the breeze and him looking intently at her. She pulled the headphones out of her ears.

----

Pam arrived at her apartment, stuck the key in the hole and opened the door to her puppy shnoodle, Bex, and Lily running towards the door.

"Daddy! Mommy's home!"

She ran to Pam, and Pam lifted her daughter in her arms and carried her to the kitchen.

"Honey, did Daddy make you dinner?"

"No, he said that's your job."

Pam loved Glen, she knew that much, but she had to admit that his laziness and carelessness was getting agrivating. She never could fall for the good guys could she?

"Aw, baby, it's so late. Let me make you something? Do you want some spaghetti?"

Lily's face lit up and the word. "Yay! Please, mommy?"

"Sure, sweetie." Pam kissed her daughter on the forehead and went into the pantry to get the pasta. She poured it and the water into a pot and boiled water. She left the kitchen to get changed into sweats when Glen came into the room.

"Hey babe."

He grabbed her waist and kissed her hard on the lips. She giggled as his cold hands touched her bare stomach, and she pulled away.

"Hey, missed you today."

"I know I missed you, too."

He lifted the phone off the hook and handed it to Pam.

"Pam, there's a message here...from someone named James Halpert? It came up on the caller ID...do we know a James Halpert?"

Her heart began to beat fast, and her legs were slightly quivering at the sound of his name. Why the hell would he be calling here? How did he even get our number?

"Uhm...I don't recall knowing..."

"Well, if you 'recall' he left a message. I didn't bother to listen to it, cause I thought it was for you."

"Well, thanks for helping me out, I only work 9 hours every day of the week and still manage to clean, walk the dog, and raise a child."

He started to look a little mad, and she knew she shouldn't have said anything. She needed to learn to be quiet, because she knew he had a temper.

"What did you say?"

She looked at the ground nervously and pulled off her black boots.

"Nothing...I'm just....busy."

"Oh don't tell me about busy!"

He picked up a photo off of thier dresser and threw it against the wall.

"What the HELL, Glen! Lily is right out side the door, could you be any more immature?! We have been fighting like this everyday and its becoming too much!"

He kicked the broken glass, and a peice hit Pam in the arm and cut her.

She gasped in pain and held her arm.

"We are so out of here...I'm going to my mothers. I'm taking Lily with me. When you decided to chill out, I'll come home."

She grabbed a bag from her closet and shoved the first pair of clothes she saw, went into Lily's room and packed some clothes & toys, and they were out the door in a matter of minutes.

She strapped Lily into her carseat in the back of Pam's blue Yaris. She got in the car and tried her best not to cry in front of her child. She always wanted to seem strong, but she couldn't. She began to drive, and her shoulders shook up and down. Lily's singing twinkle twinkle little star stopped, and she began to talk to Pam.

"Mommy, why are you crying?" She began to twirl her brown curly hair with her little fingers.

"It's nothing, sweetie. Mommy and Daddy are just having a little fight...we are going to stay at Grandma's tonight, alright baby?"

"Yes, Mommy. I heard the message....from James." She smiled, because James was the name of the little boy she liked in her Pre-kindergarten class.

Pam's eyes widened with curiousity.

"Do you know what he said?"

"Uhm..." She tapped her finger on her chin in deep thought.

"Nope. Is he your friend, Mommy?"

Pam smiled at the words her daughter spoke. They used to be friends. Best friends. But now, they were nothing more than aquaintences.

"We used to be, Lily. We were best friends, actually. I think you would have liked him, he's very funny."

"I like funny people!", she almost screamed from her little carseat.

Pam giggled, "Yes, I know you do, sweetie."

Lily yawned in the back seat, "I'm sleepy..."

"Take a nap, it is late anyway, it's way past your bedtime."

"Ok, I will. Love you, Mommy."

"I Love you too."

---

Pam had been driving now for 45 minutes, and she was getting drousy. She lifted her cell phone and quickly scrolled though her contacts at a red light. She couldn't believe the name"Jim Halpert" was still in her contacts. She decided it was alright to call, even without hearing the message. She pressed send and began to sweat, waiting to hear his voice for the first time in six years.

"Uhm, hello?"

"Jim? Its...It's Pam."

"Oh my god, its really you...." he mumbled.

She smiled at the sound of his voice.

"What was it you needed to tell me?"

Chapter End Notes:
Ok everyone! I hope you like the opening chapter, it's not really exctiing but there's much more to come! Stay tuned! Next chapter will be up by tomorrow!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans