- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OK, Pam's mother has some encouraging words for Pam! I think that something good is going to happen between Pam and Jim in chapter threeee ( yay ) So stay tuned!

She held her breath as she waited for Jim's reply. She never really pictured herself talking to him again, ever since Dunder Mifflin closed. It was bad enough he married Karen, that she knew for sure.

"It's...Karen. She left me, for that guy from corporate. I don't even know what happend. I just uhm, thought you'd want to know."

Was he serious? Did he really think she would wait this long for him? Well, she thought to herself, I probably would have if my theripist (which I needed after Roy's abusive meltdown) didn't reccomend I move on. But here they were again, talking, waiting, listening to eachothers breath.

"I - I'm so sorry...to uhm, hear that. But, well."

She took a deep breath, dreading the words that are about to escape her lips.

"I'm married now, to Glen. You, uhm probably don't know him but- yea...uh"

Jim cut he off, quickly, as if he had something terribly important to say.

"Glen...Glen Scezinski?"

She felt a sudden heat rush over her body and she didn't know why.

"Uhm, yea...do you, uhm know him?"

She heared a sigh from the other side of the phone.

"Yea, we were in the same business class. Damn, I hated that guy..." he mummbled.

"Excuse me? What makes you say that?"

She knew she was getting a little too defensive, but she didn't care.

"He was a little on the uhm...crazy side. I remeber he shoved some other student in our class against the wall cause he got moved up and Glen didn't. Pam, for you own good...I'd stay clear. He's dangerous."

"Uhm, yea. Alright, well I'm on my way to my mom's, Glen and I were fighting and he got a little out of hand. But anyway....."

She needed to change the subject, because talking to Jim for 10 minutes made her realize her life was a mess. She needed him, at least as a friend, to be in her life.

"Mommy, are we there yet?" Lily was getting a little restless in the back seat. She didn't like to drive in the car for too long.

"Yes, baby, we will be there in ten minutes.."

Pam moved the phone back to her ear.

"Jim are you still there?"

"Yea. You,  uhm, have a kid now too?"

"Yea, her name's Lily. She's three."

"That's funny..."

She looked a little confused. "What's funny?"

"Lily. That's...my favorite name."

She waited a while before she answered, making sure she chose the right words.

"I...I know."

She waited a bit before she could buck up the courage to keep talking.

"Jim, I'm at my mom's now, I need to...to go."

"Wait, Pam."

"Yes?"

"Maybe we can go out, sometime. Just, as uhm, friends to catch up? Maybe I could meet Lily?"

She smiled into the phone, and she was sure Jim could feel it.

"Sure, I'd - We'd love that."

"Alright, see ya, Pam."

"Night, Jim."

----

Pam pulled into her mother's driveway, and it was 1:00 AM. No lights were on in the house so she decided it was best to keep quiet. She lifted the sleeping Lily from her carseat, grabbed the two bags of clothes, and entered her mother's house using the spare key. She walked into the kitchen and as she did, a light flicked on. It was her mom.

"Pam...honey is that you?"

Pam felt the sudden urge to cry, because her life was crumbling before her own eyes, she couldn't even sleep in her own apartment without feeling nervous or stressed or god knows what.

"Yes, it's Lily, and me. Can we stay here...just for a little while?"

"Of course, you know you are always welcome..."

Pam's mother pulled her robe closed and walked over to Pam and her sleeping little girl.

"What happened? Did Glen do something to you again?"

"Well, sort of. He went a little baslistic earlier and I told him we were...leaving untill he cooled down. I don't know Mom, I can't keep living my life like this!"

Pam laid Lily on the couch as they entered the family room.

"Well, the only solution, which would be a huge step for you honey, would be to file for divorce...if you aren't happy."

Pam sighed and rested her head in her hands. It's not the first time that she ended up back at her mom's because of Glen. This did need to stop.

"I...guess I could but what about Lily? Wouldn't she want to be with her father, too? I just want her to be happy..."

Now all she did was cry. She cried and cried, and she tried to change the subject.

"I...talked to Jim today. Remeber him from Dunder Mifflin?"

"Oh, yes the one who was in love with you. Of course I remeber."

"He was just my friend, Mom. But, yea, he called today because his girlfriend...wife, I mean....god, that's so weird to say. Well she left him. For one of her ex's."

"Aw, that's tragic, dear! Did he say anything else?"

She looked at her mom.

"Uhm, not really. It was hard to tell, but I still think he's interested in me...as a friend. He wants to meet Lily, and for us to catch up. So I'm thinking when Glen goes to his business meeting in Las Vegas I will invite him over."

"That sounds wonderful!"

"Well, if its OK, I think I'm going to head to bed."

"Alright, well if you need me...you know where I am."

"Thanks, Mom. Goodnight."

"Night, Pam."

---

 

Chapter End Notes:
Ok next chapter, JIM"SSSS COMMINGG OVERR! By the way, reviews are gold, and if I get more, the fluffier/better JAMness there will be!! Ok ?! Thanks!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans