- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Short chapter, I have to go out to run errands. Jim come over (next chapter) so sorry it wasn't this one. This one is good though. Give some valuable info on Pam.

Pam awoke to the smell of eggs and bacon, and she felt like she was a child at home again. Lily was still sleeping next to her in the bed, so she tried not to wake her when she got out of the bed. She wiped her dried mascara from her face, got dressed, and went downstairs for breakfast. She loved being with her mother, but she couldn't wait to get home and see Jim again.

"Good morning, Pumpkin."

"Hey, Mom. Lily and I will eat, but we really need to head home. I think that Glen's plane leaves around noon, so we are just going to hang out for a little."

"That's fine, I made your favorite breakfast, Pam! Ham and egg omelet and a side of bacon!"

Pam's eyes sparkled, and she instantly became ten times hungrier.

"Thanks! I can't even remeber the last time someone's cooked me a meal..."

After she spoke, she instantly thought about that night Jim made his 'famous grilled cheese sandwitch' and they watched Dwight and Kevin almost kill themselves with firworks. No matter how much she claimed to hate Dunder Mifflin, whenever she thought about it, she got a knot in her stomach because she really did miss it.

--

Lily woke from the bed Pam and she slept in and walked down the hardwood steps. Pam turned around and lifted her little girl and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey munchkin! You're up late! Grammy made you some breakfast, then we need to get going home, alright?"

"Okey dokey. Will you play a game with me?"

Pam smiled and laughed, "When we get home, but don't forget, Jim is comming today!"

Lily squeeled and clapped her hands together. She and Pam don't get many visitors, so this will really be a treat.

---

Twenty minutes later, Pam and Lily were packed and in the car ready to go home. Pam strapped her daughter in the carseat, and she quickly dialed her home phone to see if Glen was still there. Half of her wanted him to be, to tell him that she can't live with him anymore if he is going to act the way he does, and half of her didn't want him to be there because she didn't feel like being yelled at every second of the day. There was no answer at the house, and she sighed in relief. She popped in one of Lily's daycare CD's and started to dail Jim's cell. "Old McDonald" blared through the speakers while she waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?"

She smiled.

"Hey, Jim. It's Pam Beelsey. From Dunder Mifflin."

"Hey, uhm. I'm sorry I don't think I remeber a Pam Beelsey. Are you sure you have the correct Jim Halpert?"

She laughed at his stupid joke, and started talking a mile a minute.

"So...I was thinking that you would want to stop by the afternoon? We could go out...or uhm, you could just come to my house? Glen's out of town, which is good because he's not into visitors and-"

"Woah woah, Beesley, slow down! Yes, I'd love to come over to your house. I will be set with my storytime books and my mix of childrens songs."

"Oh shut up, you must still be intrested in me too, not just my daughter."

She felt weird saying that but she couldn't take it back now.

"You know I'm only kidding, gosh since when have you turned so anti-prankster?"

He was right. Ever since they stopped chatting, she hadn't done many jokes on anyone for that matter.

"I have not! I just...don't have anyone to prank anymore."

"Sure Beesley, quit using lame excuses."

Soon fell an awkward silence, assuming neither knew what to say next.

"I uhm. Just want to tell you, that...well Glen and I...are probably going to be getting divorced."

"What? Why? I thought you were happy?"

"Well, you thought wrong. We've been fighting every day, basically about nothing....stupid things that are just in his head. My only concern is my daughter, and I don't want her to be raised in a house that has this hostile mood all the time! Do you know what I mean?"

"Of course. You'd want her to have a dad that was loving- like...read her stories before she goes to bed, take her to the park...out for ice cream...to the beach. Enjoy his time with her, instead of being out drunk with friends and wasting it....You know. Just the nice things..."

Every word he said made her stomach twist and turn. It's like he knew exactly what Glen was missing. He (Glen) never did any of those things with Lily, and the sad part was, she knew Jim would have done every single one.

"Uhm, yea. Totally...I have to go, I'm at my house now....so I'll see you in...two hours?"

"Sounds good Beelsey."

"Alright see ya, Jim."

"Wait, Pam?"

She bit her lip when he said her name with such an intense, caring voice.

"Yes?"

"You know...if you are having problems, I'm always yours to talk to."

She smiled. The phrase he used, I'm always yours, gave her a lump in her throat. She cleared her voice to attept to talk.

"I know. Thanks...alot."

"Bye, Pam."

She hung up the phone and parked her car in the parking spot. She turned around and looked at her daughter.

"Hey, let me know what you think of Jim, alright Lily? Because, since we are friends and all, he'll probably be around...alot."

"Ok, but if he's your friend, Mommy, I'm sure I will like him!"

Pam stepped out of the car, smoothed her yellow sundress, and put on her white sweater. She was so ready for seeing him again.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry to dissapoint for not having Jim over, but I sware to you all it's going to be in the next chapter, I had to stop this one because I have to go run errands!!! REVIEWS ARE LIFE. MORE REVIEWS = QUICKER CHAPTER 4 COMES UP. Thanks!!



takemyhandx is the author of 8 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked 6 Years After Dunder Mifflin Closed also liked 195 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans