- Text Size +
Story Notes:

AU. What would have happened if Jim wouldn't have gone to Stamford. Set during Casino Night

“I was just … um … I’m in love with you”

 

“What?”


 “I’m really sorry if that’s weird for you to hear, but I needed you to hear it. Probably not good timing. I know that, I just …”


 “What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?”


 “I just needed you to know. Once.”


 “Well, I um … I … I can’t?”


“Yeah.”


 “You have no idea …”


 “Don’t do that.”


“: … what your friendship means to me.”


“C’mon. I don’t want to do that. I want to be more than that.”


 “I can’t. I’m really sorry … if you misinterpreted things. It’s probably my fault.”


 “Not your fault. I’m sorry I misinterpreted our friendship.”

 

And with that he walked away. Walked away from his best friend who had just turned him down. He looked around the room. He saw Michael talking with Carol. He knew that Michael was in the most dysfunctional relationship there ever was, but for a moment he wanted exactly what Michael had. A girl who he loved. Or at least someone who wanted to be more than a friend.

 

He looked around for Pam. He didn’t see her anywhere. He walked out to the parking lot to see if she was still out there. She wasn’t. He did see Jan outside her car smoking a cigarette.

 

He walked over to her. She offered him a cigarette and he refused. Jim was never much of a smoker.

 

“So, have you given any thought to the transfer yet?” Jan asked. Jim paused. And then he knew what he was doing. H ewas running away. Running away from his problems doesn’t solve them. As much as he didn’t want to see Pam marry that bastard he knew that what he was going to do wasn’t the right thing.

 

“Actually, I’ve decided against it”, Jim said softly.

 

Jan was surprised. “Well, OK, but if you change your mind, the position will still be open. Apparently, no one wants this job.” She sighed.

 

“Thanks, but I think I’ll be just fine in Scranton. Sorry to inconvenience you with all the paperwork and stuff”.

 

“It’s no problem Jim. Anytime.” She walked back inside.

 Jim knew what he needed to do.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you like it! Please review! I need them to stay alive!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans