- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter title taken from a Spongetones song. If you've never hearad of them go out and buy all their CD's now! They are fantastic. Anyway, here's the kiss chapter. The aftermath chapter will be up next-hopefully up by tonight or tomorrow.

.

 

 

Jim headed for the building. He knew he wasn’t leaving for Stamford, and he was also aware that he had just told his best friend that he was in love with her. We’ve been best friends for years, maybe I could just tell her that I was drunk and that I wasn’t serious and it didn’t mean a thing.

 

“Who the fuck am I kidding?” he muttered to himself.

 

He did decide that it could all blow over in time. Maybe if he started over, their friendship could be like it was before at some point. He did decide that he would have to start pulling some major pranks on Dwight to break the ice that was going to be between them come Monday morning. Now was the perfect time to go into the office and formulate a plan. He decided he would steal all of Dwight’s bobbleheads and hide them in various places in the office, and let Dwight guess where they were until he found them all.

 

He took the elevator and started to walk into the office. He heard a voice. He peered ever so slightly into the office to see who it was. It was Pam. On the phone. Crying.

 

A couple of years ago, Jim found away to listen in on any phone call that was going on in the office. All he had to do was pick up the phone in the lobby, punch in 081 and then the extension number of the office member he wanted to spy on. This would be perfect because accessing the phone at this moment would mean a) he could listen in on Pam and see how she really felt and b) Pam couldn’t see him in the lobby from where she was talking on his phone at his desk.

 

He quickly dialed in 081 and then his extension, 213. He heard Pam talking to her Mother, he knew it was her because he remembered her voice from that day she came into the office.

 

He heard pretty much the whole conversation.

 When did he tell you?” “About ten minutes ago” “Did you tell him about the feelings you have for him too?” “No, I didn’t know what to say” “Would it be worth it to leave Roy for Jim?” “Um, I don’t know, Mom, he’s my best friend.” “Will he make you happy?” “Yeah, he’s my best friend” 

“Are you in love with him?”

 “Yeah, I think I am” 

That was all Jim needed to hear. She had told her mom before that she had feelings for him too and this told Jim there couldn’t have possibly been a misinterpretation. He hung up the phone and walked over to her. Pam jumped a little when she saw him, and ended the conversation with her mom.

 

She started to preface the conversation. “Listen, Jim….”

 

But before she knew it his lips were on hers and her hands were in his hair and it felt like nothing else she had felt before. No kiss with Roy was even close to this.

 

They both pulled away and caught their breath.

 

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that”

 
Chapter End Notes:
Please review!!!!!! I need them for energy to complete the next chapter(s)!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans