- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the third chapter. After the kiss. Please review! Oh, nd the chapter title is named after The Beatles' Norwegian Wood, just cause I think the song kinda fits with the feeling of this chapter.
 “Me too. I think we’re just drunk.”
“ No I’m not drunk. Are you drunk?”

 “No
” Jim leans in for another kiss  “Jim.”
 “You’re really going to marry him.”

 “Okay.”

Again he had been rejected. It’s been twice now. He didn’t want to bring up the fact that he had heard Pam on the phone telling her mother how much she really did love him. Jim walked out to his car and drove home. He pulled a six pack of Bud Lite out of his fridge. By now it was around 11PM, and he started to drink every beer in the fridge while watching infomercials on TV.

 

Jim took out his cell phone and made a call.

“Hey Jonathan”

“Jim? Why are you calling so late?”

“I kissed her.”

“Who?”

“Who the fuck do you think?”

“Oh my God. You kissed Pam. Wait, are you drunk?”

“Not when I kissed her. But now I am. Six beers will do ya in.”

“OK, slow down. What happened?”

“Well, I told her how I felt, told her I loved her, and she said, and I quote “I Can’t”. Understandable, but she still ripped my God damn heart out. So I walked away and told her I was sorry I misinterpreted our friendship. Then, I go up to the office about 10 minutes later, and she was at my desk on my phone talking to her mother. She didn’t know I was there so I listened in on her conversation and it turns out she loved me too. So I went to her and I kissed her. And you know what? She kissed me back. And when we pulled away, she said she was still gonna marry that asshole.”

“Wow. I’m so sorry.”

“Well, I’m not giving up yet Jon. I got one more thing up my sleeve. I’ll treat her so cold that by the time of her wedding she’ll be begging for me and not that assface Roy.”

“I hope it works out for you bro. I gotta get some sleep. Night Jim.”

“Night Jon”.

Jim hung up the phone. The beer was starting to have an affect on him. He went into his bedroom, and passed out. Every couple nights he would have the same dream. It always ended like this:

“I love you Pam”“I love you too, Jim.”

And then he’d always wake up, wanting more, but his dream always ended there. He had that dream again. He woke up sweating. It was well past 9AM, but it was Saturday so he could sleep as late as he wanted too. He poured himself a bowl of cereal. It was only enough to fill half the bowl.

“Screw it; I’ll go to Denny’s”.

Denny’s was only 10 minutes away. When he walked in he saw that it was busy.

“Welcome to Denny’s, sir. Let me seat you. Booth or table?”

“Booth please.”

He sat down. The waitress came over and he ordered Coffee and Eggs Benedict, his favorite breakfast. Whenever Jim was at a restaurant, he always liked to look around at all the families surrounding him. When he looked straight in front of him he saw a husky, muscular man with his back to him.

Ha. Kinda looks like Roy, he thought to himself. He then looked at the woman sitting across from the man. She had curly brown hair and was drinking tea. She had a cardigan on. And she was staring at him. Jim stared right back.

Of all the people in Scranton, of all the people he had to be seated right across from, why did it have to be Pam?

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Please review!! Thanks for all your kind words about the story so far!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans