- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, after this chapter there will be one more, and then it's done. It feels like this chapter isn't as good as the others, but i hope you will review it anyway!

 

 

Jim’s coffee came. He really didn’t want to be in the situation he was in right now. Pam was the last person he really wanted to be dealing with. But then again, he actually wanted to see her, wanted to start his plan. Maybe if he wouldn’t be her best friend anymore, she’d see how great he was and want to be with him. It was a long shot, but that’s all he had left.

 

It seemed like years, the both of them just staring each other down. Finally, Roy noticed Pam was staring at something behind him.

 

“Pam? What are you looking at?” Pam jumped.

 

“Nothing. Nobody”

 

Roy turned around. “Hey Halpert! What a coincidence!”

 

“Hello, Roy” Jim kept his game face on. He had to be stern; he couldn’t fall into his old self again.

 

“How’s everything goin’ Halpert? Did you take care of Pam like I asked you to last night?”

 

Jim shrugged his shoulders. As if Roy had any clue what he and Pam did last night.

 

“Well, I guess I did. I dunno, maybe you should ask Pam what happened last night.”

 

Roy turned around. “Pammy, what did you guys do last night? Did you have fun?”

 

Pam looked startled. “Well, um, I uh, we played poker and I guess he’s mad about me taking his money.” Jim noticed she was shaking.

 

Roy chuckled. “Yeah, she is good at poker.”

 

Then, a slightly heavyset man walked into Denny’s.

 

“Roy! Pam! Sorry I’m late!”

 

“It’s OK Kenny. We’ve been waiting for a long time though.” Roy gave his brother a hug.

 

“Hey Pammy, since Jim is here, why don’t you guys talk a little while me and Kenny go to the counter and catch up.”

 

“Um, well, I guess, umm ok.” Pam was so nervous. Nervous about what? Does she think I would actually tell Roy about what happened? Maybe she doesn’t know me as well as I thought she did.”

  

Roy and Kenny walked up to the counter. Jim looked down at his coffee while Pam moved into his booth.

 

“Listen, Jim. I think we need to talk.”

 

“Talk about what?” Jim never looked up from his coffee.

 

“Well, let’s start about what happened last night. I-“ Jim interrupted her.

 

“There’s nothing to talk about.”

 

“What do you mean there’s nothing to talk about?”

 

Jim’s breakfast came. He thanked the waitress. He started cutting his Eggs Benedict. After a minute of silence went by that felt like days, Pam interjected:

 

“Please, Jim-talk to me, we’re best friends.”

 

Jim’s nostrils flared. He was furious

 

“First of all, I think you said everything last night. Second of all, best friends don’t break each other’s hearts.”

 

And with that, Jim paid his bill and walked out.

  

Monday 

It had been a long weekend. Lots of pain and crying for Jim. He was a sensitive guy and it hurt him so much that he had to treat Pam the way that he did but it was what he had to do.

 

He walked into work. Pam was already there. He hung his jacket up and stared at his shoes on the way to his desk so he wouldn’t look at her. She was looking that him though, and after 10 minutes of her burning a hole in the side of his cheek with her eyes he turned to face her. He gave her a cold stare. Not an angry stare, just a stare. No expression on his face. She could usually tell what he was thinking and how he was feeling, but not this time. It bothered her.

 

A couple hours passed. Pam played Sudoku while Jim made some sales. Then, at 11AM, an IM popped up on Jim’s screen:

 

PBeesley: Did you really mean what you said?

 

 

JHalpert: I don’t have time for you anymore.

 

 

PBeesley: Just tell me. Did you mean it? Do you really feel that way about me?

 

 

Jim closed out the IM box. He turned his chair ever so slightly to face the reception desk. And Jim looked at her until she looked up. And even though he didn’t say a single word, she knew he was saying yes.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Please review!!!!! Hope you enjoyed it!


Office O Holic is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Just Fine In Scranton also liked 195 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans