- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Two short chapters for you tonight and then we get into the good stuff aka fluff!

Again, I own nothing except an office keychain and some paper. 

“Promise you won’t freak out,” Jim bumped shoulders with Pam on their way to his car.
    “What?! Why?!” Pam was all of a sudden nervous.
    “Well this is a Jeep Pam.” Jim stopped at a baby blue car and opened the door for her in one swift motion. Pam smiled, Roy never opened the door anymore. Where had this new boy come from?
    Jim got in the car and started it up. The engine was quickly drowned out by the radio, which was playing The Hush Sound. Pam smiled again, she loved this song.
    “So Roy?” Jim asked. He left the question open ended so that Pam could interpret it as she liked.
    “He really is a good guy deep down,” Pam muttered almost angrily. She didn’t know if she was trying to convince herself or Jim.
    “Yeah, he seems cool.” Jim said flatly, obviously kidding. “Hey, do you need to go home right away because I have this movie I kinda wanna watch and I think you need to see it.” Jim crossed his fingers on the steering wheel, hopping Pam wouldn’t notice.
    “Yeah, I have no homework so I wouldn’t mind.” Pam felt her heart beating faster. “What movie?”
    “Don’t laugh Beesley, but I hear that The Holiday is a really good movie, romantic comedy of the season apparently, so I rented it and I think I need to watch it tonight.” Jim laughed to himself as he said this.
    “I really wanted to see that! But Roy insisted that we see some superhero movie instead. I’m so in Halpert, but don’t laugh if I cry, I’m a total girl when it comes to love stories.” She touched his shoulder lightly, subconsciously as they laughed.
    “Onwards then Beesley!” He turned onto his street.

    “Oh, that was such a cute movie,” Pam was resting on her elbows on Jim’s living room floor. Her hair was falling around her face as she wiped away a tear from her cheek.
    “Beesley, did you cry in the movie?” Jim laughed quietly at her. She laughed too, it made his head spin.
    “It was cute! I’m a girl, leave me alone Halpert.” She swatted his arm playfully. She went in for another swat but he grabbed her hand. She stopped giggling and froze. There was electricity running through her body. She pulled her hand away and forced a laugh.
    “It’s getting late,” she sighed.
    “I’ll drive you home.” Jim picked her sweater off the floor and helped her into it.
    “Thank you for making me smile,” Pam almost whispered.
    “Anytime,” and Jim meant it.

Chapter End Notes:
you know the drill

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans