- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: Not mine.

After leaving Karen’s apartment that night, Jim felt as if a huge weight was lifted. He couldn’t believe how painless it was to break it off. Clarence must have been right, I guess Karen and I really aren’t good for each other

 

            “Of course I was right!” Clarence appeared in the bush next to Jim’s car.

 

            Up until the last week or so, Jim wasn’t a screamer, and he definitely wasn’t a screamer who screamed like a girl. But at this moment Jim did exactly that, yet again. Jim grabbed his chest as he backed up into his car. “Clarence, man, you’ve got to stop showing up unannounced like that.”

 

            “I’m sorry Jim; I really have no other way to show up.” Jim gave him a weird look before Clarence spoke again, “I told you everything would be OK with Karen if you broke up with her.”

 

            “Yes, you were right about that. So what do I do next?”

 

            Clarence noticed Karen peaking out her window, “Well first we get into your car and leave before Karen thinks you are out here changing your mind.”

 

            Jim looked up to see the light coming from Karen’s window, “Oh shoot, OK, just get in the car.” Before Jim got around to his side, he noticed that Clarence was already in the passenger seat. He had gone through the door. “Show off,” Jim chuckled as he sat down.

 

            “We have our perks”

 

            Jim started the ignition and drove off, “What happens next, with Karen I mean?”

 

            “Oh Jim, you don’t have to worry about a thing. When Karen calls Jan to let her know about you not transferring, Jan will offer Karen an express transfer. Karen will be gone tomorrow.”

 

            “This is all happening so fast. It almost isn’t real. I mean this stuff can’t possibly happen this fast. You saw how long it took my transfer to take affect. And did you see how fast and easy she took the break up? It was almost unbelievable.”

 

            “There are reasons for that. You were never supposed to take that transfer. And this transfer is happening so fast because, lets just say that I had a little chat with Penelope. And that’s also why she took the break up so easily.”

 

            “What? Who is Penelope?”

 

            “Oh right, um Penelope is Karen’s guardian angel, and boy is she stubborn. I don’t know where she came from, because Karen wasn’t supposed to show up here.”

 

            “So talking to her is the reason this is all happening so fast?”

 

            “Do you think I should tell him now?” There he was again looking up to the sky. “OK, fine.” He looked back to Jim. “Before everyone is born, God, their guardian angel, and their soulmate’s guardian angel get together and have a meeting.”

 

            “Soulmate?”

 

            “Yes, now please listen to me. The year you were born I sat down with God and Sophie. We made a deal that you and Sophie’s choice would be soulmates. But well actually, no I’ll tell you later.” Jim was looking even more impatient than ever, so Clarence tried to get to a point. “I was by your side every moment up until that night last May. I mean you were doing so well up until that point, I thought my job was done for awhile.”

 

            Jim’s heart began to race at the mention of last May, “Clarence, what do you mean?”

 

            “I mean you were never supposed to leave. But because I wasn’t there to stop you, you went anyway. Oh!” Clarence had a realization. “So that’s why Karen slipped in. Wow, I’m a little slow.”

 

            “Focus.”

 

            “OK, calm down. Had I stayed, things would have been different. You know in the original plan you are actually scheduled to be getting ready to propose right now.”

 

            “Wait, wait, wait, what? Who would I have been proposing to?”

 

            “Oh, Jim, I know you aren’t that dense. Look.” Clarence pointed to a small house on a street that wasn’t Jim’s, “You were made for her, Jim. Now go and get her.”  And with that Clarence was gone.

 

            “Made for whom? How did we end up here? You have to stop leaving me like this. Clarence!”

 

            Just a few moments passed and then, “You rang?” his voice echoed in the car

 

            “Where are you? Why can’t I see you?” Jim was frantically looking around.

 

            “I dropped a jelly bean in the back seat. I told you this car was too spacious, you couldn’t even see me.”

 

            “Yea, yea. Why are we here, who lives here?”

 

            “You silly boy. Pam. Pam lives here. You were made for her, Jim.”

 

            “That’s not…”

 

            “No, Jim you don’t understand. You were actually made for her. When Sophie, Pam’s guardian angel, chose Pam, we had a really hard time finding someone perfect enough for her. So God made you, specifically for Pam. Last May I was certain that was it. And I took an early vacation. I never would have thought you’d actually leave. I mean what were you thinking?”

 

            “I didn’t want to wait around like an idiot. I put my heart out there and she rejected me. Plain and simple.”

 

            “You are so stubborn. Had you stayed, well actually, had I stayed, you would have only had to wait about a week. Pam did what she was supposed to do, but since we left everything got messed up.”

 

            “This is just so, why did you have to leave?” Knowing what would have happened if he stayed was bringing Jim close to tears.

 

            “I’m here now, and I am going to fix everything. But you have to trust me.”

 

            “What do I do?”

 

            “You go talk to Pam, and tell her everything. She’ll understand. She’s very good at that, just like Sophie.”

 

            “But I have nothing to say to her. I mean I’ve moved on, Clarence. I can’t just show up in the middle of the night.” He was sure Clarence wouldn’t expect him to go talk to her now.

 

            “You can and you just did.” Suddenly Jim was no longer in his car. He and Clarence were now in front of the door of Pam’s tiny little house. Before Jim could do anything to stop him, Clarence knocked on the door.

Chapter End Notes:
There may be a short break before the next chapter is up. I hope to finish writing it all before I post anything so you all can get it at once. Don't hate me if you really need to know what happens next! Luckily I only see 3 more chapters after this, and one of them is already written. Please keep RR&R! I love it!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans