- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

How will Jim react to Pam's confession? You are soon to find out! ;)

She stopped to smile and continued to kiss him, untill his kisses traveled down to her collarbone and she let out a sigh.

"I'm so in love with you. So much, Jim."

He stopped dead in his tracks and looked down into her deep, sparkling green eyes. How could he refuse this woman he's been wanting for over four years? He couldn't, right?

"P-Pam. I can't do this. Not now, not to Karen."

Pam let out a sigh of frustration.

"Than what am I supposed to do now? I just professed my love to you, and you can't because of her? Tell me the truth, Jim. Do you really love her? Are you really over me? Because right now I have no idea about anything you are thinking."

He pondered the question. Was he in love with Karen? It was uncertain, but Karen did love him and he knew it. He couldn't betray her. He thought about the next question. Was he over Pam? Absolutly not.

"Pam. That's not fair, I just...uhm need time. This is just happening way to fast for me, I can't handle this pressue."

She frowned and picked her purse up from the desk and slung it over her shoulder.

"Alight, Jim. I...Never mind. Goodnight."

She leaned in and kissed him again, but this time it was soft and passionate. She stepped back from him and put her hand on the doorknob.

"Oh, and don't try to run 1,000 miles away from me like you did last time we made an emotional breakthrough."

Why am I being such a smart ass to him now? That's all she could ask herself. It wasn't 1,000 miles but it was too damn far and it was too damn long.

"Bye, Pam."

She didn't even respond back, she just walked out the door into the rainy parking lot.

-------

Pam cried the entire way home and almost the whole night at her house for that matter. She threw her keys on the floor and jumped on the couch, squeezing one of the throw pillows and crying into it. Why did her life become such a mess? She thought once she told him she loved him, he would leave Karen for her. How could she have been so vain? She finally gave the crying a rest and changed out of her work clothes into sweats. She turned on the radio and ironicly Jim's favorite song was on Rock 107:

"Oh look what you've done, you've made a fool of everyone;

Oh seems like such fun untill you loose what you have won."

Her eyes swelled with tears again, and she knew she couldn't sleep with these thoughts of him in her head. She needed a break, and maybe this trip to the beach wouldn't be such a bad idea.

-----

Jim put his keys in the change bowl and walked into the kitchen to be greeted by Karen's warm smile and beautiful eyes.

"Hey, what took you so long?"

"Oh, uh traffic on Route One."

She smiled at him, "See, that's why I tell you to take back roads, honey!"

She kissed him on the cheek and then on the lips. She sat down playfully on the couch and flipped on the television. She noticed his eyes were red and swollen and his nose had been running.

"Allergies acting up again, Jim?"

He looked at he floor and back at her. What should he say? Oh, no Karen I was crying in the car because the love of my life admitted her love for me and I turned her down for a girl I barely even know.

"Yeah, damn pollen."

He gave her a crooked toothy smile and she giggled at him.

"Hey come on, let's go to bed I've got something to show you."

She gave him a devilish grin and she pulled his hand into the bedroom. The door shut, and Jim's cell phone still sat on the table where he left it. The phone lit up and began to vibrate. One new Text Message: Pam Beesley's Cell.

----

Pam awoke to the annoying beeping of her alarm clock at 6:00. She knew it was going to be a long day, so she made herself a double caffine cup of coffee. She sat at the counter and ate the bacon and toast she cooked for herself. After she had eaten, she went back into her bedroom and began to pack a bag with a beach towel, sunglasses, a book, her new iPod, an extra one peice bathingsuit (incase Kelly forgot the bikini, which she highly doubted), and sandals.

She wanted to impress a certain someone on the trip, so she decided to leave her comfot zone in her outfit. She pulled out a light blue camisole and short-cut jean shorts. That's it. She put them on and felt practically naked from what she was used to wearing. She looked in the mirror at her body's reflection. She must admit, she did look good in those shorts and shirt, hugging her body in just the right places. She was ready for the events the day will throw at her.

Chapter End Notes:
Alright, next chapter the bus ride and the begining of the very VERY long day! What did you think? I tried to make more thoughts in this chapter? REVIEWS AND RATES ARE AWESOME IF YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE! =) lovelivejam

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans