- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Pam saw Jim give Karen the stick of gum. Something simple like that, told her it wasn’t the way she expected it to be. She expected he’d come in, she’d invite him in for coffee, and happily ever after. But it hadn’t been that way, he’d come back with her, and he’d rejected her coffee, didn’t want her anymore, as though it seemed.

 

She went home and cried. Like a baby. For hours. Jim was supposed to be hers, he was the only one for her. She knew she had to find a way to get him back.

 

She booted up her computer, and tuned in to her favorite internet oldies station. She loved the music of the sixties more than anything else, just because of the simplicity that life had back then that life doesn’t have today. Plus, it streamed 24/7, so she could listen anytime, anyday.

 

After about an hour of listening, she was drifting off to sleep, in the stage where you’re half asleep, but still your senses are working. Then the song came up. The one that always reminded her of the relationship between Jim and Pam, but she never dared to find out who the artist was, for buying the CD would just lead to more heartbreak and sorrow.

 I see that worried look upon your face,

You've got your troubles, I got mine.

She's found somebody else to take your place;

You've got your troubles, I got mine.

I too have lost my love today,

All of my dreams have flown away.

Now just like you I sit and wonder why;

You've got your troubles, I got mine.

You need some sympathy, well so do I,

You've got your troubles, I got mine.

She used to love me, that I know,

And it don't seem so long ago

That we were walking, that we were talking

The way that lovers do.

And so forgive me if I seem unkind,

You've got your troubles, I got mine. 

And it must seem to you, my friend

That I ain't got no pity for you,

Well, that ain't true,                    

You see I lost my, lost my, lost my little girl too .

I'd help another place, another time,

You've got your troubles, I got mine.

You've got your troubles, I got mine.

You've got your troubles, I got mine 

The song finished, She got up, googled in the title “You’ve Got Your Troubles”, and found it was by a British group called The Fortunes.

 

She went on Amazon.com, typed in The Fortunes, to fond about 5 or so different CD’s. The one that got the best reviews was called “Singles”, contained 24 tracks. She went online and ordered a copy for herself, after hearing samples of their other songs. “Pretty Good band”, she thought to herself.

 

After she completed her order, she got up and got a drink. She came back to the computer and recalled the lyrics in her head:

 And it must seem to you, my friend

That I ain't got no pity for you,

Well, that ain't true,

You see I lost my, lost my, lost my little girl too .

That’s when she realized. Jim came back to Scranton with Karen because he’d needed a barrier between Jim and herself because he was afraid to get hurt again.

 

Fancy New Beesley went back to Amazon and clicked the button that made it possible to change her order.

 

She bought another copy, and chose to gift wrap it. When it came to give the address she had to send it to, she typed:

 

Jim Halpert

350 Rebecca Ave.

Scranton, PA 18501

 

 She chose the “include a note option”, and for the extra money, she decided to write a little something.

 

Jim,

 

Listen to Track 2. The lyrics describe the situation better than I ever could.

 

You don’t have to hide behind Karen. I swear Jim, I’ll never hurt you ever again.

 

Love,

Pam

 

PS: I’m in love with you. I just needed you to know, once.

Chapter End Notes:

Not sure if another chp is warranted, just tell me if you want one, and I'll write it.



Office O Holic is the author of 4 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans