- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I was going to wait until I finished all 5 things, but I'm busy at work this morning and anxious to share - but I promise you won't have long to wait for all 5.

This fanfic was inspired by xoxoxo's list of 5 items from her desk. Each item is a chapter title.

I do not own these characters, and no copywrite infringement is intented. I just want some Jim/Pam loving....is that SO MUCH to ask??

He knew Jan had been impressed with how well he'd been overseeing Michael, and how many of the managerial decisions he'd ultimately influenced, but it was still a pleasant surprise to find that she'd rewarded him with a pay raise just six months into the new position as well as having his accomplishments openly praised in the corporate newsletter. Michael of course had decided that it called for a celebration, and much to Jim's chagrin had declared Friday to be Jim Halpert Day at the office. Dwight rolled his eyes at the announcement and the Party Planning committee met that afternoon to decide how best to celebrate. As usual the guest of honor wasn't consulted in the festivity planning, and a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake somehow ended up on the list of essentials.

Karen spent most of Friday afternoon's party time cajoling Jim into deciding where they should go on a vacation next month, now that he didn't have the excuse of poverty. As she begged him to get her out of Scranton, Jim wondered why the idea of a whole week of just the two of them didn't fill him with the same kind of excitement that she seemed to have.

It only took a glance across the room to know why. He hated himself for it, but it was a fact that would not be denied. He excused himself to use the restroom, knowing a reprieve from Karen's ongoing campaign was required, even if it was only a brief escape.

Later that day when he stopped at his desk to shut his computer down for the night, he was surprised to find a small package on his desk. He sat down and unwrapped The Little Black Book of Project Management. He tried not to roll his eyes at what was obviously Karen's idea of a motivational gift.

He was never going to be as dedicated to a career selling paper as she seemed to be. He was about to stick it into his desk drawer when front cover flipped open and he noticed the dedication inside. He felt a shock go through him when he realized it was not Karen's handwriting.

I am happy that you are being recognized for all the important things you do around here, and I'm sure this book has of lots helpful ideas on how to keep doing that. But it's also useful for pulling together the perfect pranks, and that's something I hope you never forget how to do either. I'm proud of all the things you are.

It was signed Love, Pam.

Jim tucked the book into his messenger bag, aware that his hand was slightly shaking.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans