- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

In the aftermath, Jim knows what he wants to-what he needs to do. He notices the way Karen understands. Jim hails a taxi, and as he leaves the city, he doesn’t look back. He knows what he needs to do. And in the aftermath, he knows he’s right.


In the aftermath, Pam looks at him. She notices his every breath, his every twitch, his every gaze. Little things that make her happy, that always remind her of why she loves him…not that she needs reminding. Because she does. So utterly, so completely. In the aftermath, she knows she can’t live one moment without him again.


In the aftermath, Michel looks out the window. He thinks if it’s time just to shut his mouth permanently, that way nothing silly can come out. He looks out at Jan, who is unpacking the rest of her belongings into the condo. She notices his gaze, and adjusts her hand on a box so she can smile and wave at him. He smiles and waves back. In the aftermath, he realizes that maybe this wasn’t such a bad idea.


In the aftermath, Kelly watches his car back out of the driveway and she knows he’s not coming back. He didn't say why he was leaving, but only that he was. She didn't say a word. The Kelly Kapoor the cameras see would have been crying. The Kelly Kapoor that she knows understands the situation, and accepts it. And in the aftermath, she knows she’s going to be just fine.

Chapter End Notes:
Comments?


Pamalama is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Aftermath also liked 1048 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans