- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. This upsets me, but alas! That is life.

 

"Then...it's a date."

About one thousand emotions flitted through Pam's mind at that moment. Shock, happiness, disbelief, wonder, elation, fear. It was disarming. For a split second, she couldn't remember her own name, where she worked, what she was doing in this room. Finally, her mind grabbed onto one thought and wouldn't let go. Jim.

She didn't bother telling the camera crew where she was going-she knew they would follow her unless she could outrun them. Acting as nonchalantly as possible, she slowly rose from her chair and started toward the door. When she saw the cameras move to follow her, she acted on instinct. She whipped around, threw her chair in their path, slammed the door shut behind her, and tore through the office. She ignored the questioning stares of her coworkers and her last sensible thought (Did you really just throw a chair at the camera crew?)

When Pam reached the stairwell, breathless and flushed, Jim was standing halfway down the first flight of stairs, completely motionless, as if he had frozen mid-step. For a second Pam thought he had changed his mind about the whole thing.

Karen called him. They've made up. They're back together. They've already had makeup phone sex!

Jim heard the door creak shut behind her and jumped, turning to see who had entered. When he saw Pam, his face immediately spread into a dopey smile and Pam felt her face mirror his expression. He started up the stairs, and after what seemed like an eternity to Pam, he was standing in front of her.

After all the years, after all the unspoken words, after all the pining and longing, Pam wanted nothing more than to rush into Jim's arms. Annoyingly though, she couldn't seem to make her body cooperate. She couldn't speak, let alone form a coherent sentence. She couldn't smile, she couldn't move, she could barely breathe. He was here, he was looking into her eyes, he was tucking her hair behind her ear, he was taking her hand in his, and she couldn't move. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear.

"Gone catatonic, Beesly? Because if so, dinner is going to be pretty awkward."

His breath against her ear was what did it. She suddenly couldn't contain herself. In one swift motion, she turned his face toward hers, pinned him against the wall, and their lips came crashing together.

It was every cliche Pam had ever made fun of...There were fireworks, she never wanted to come up for air, she was dizzy and breathless and alive and charged and Jim was kissing her. He was kissing her, and there was no one else in the world and nothing else mattered.

"Yeah Pam! You make out with Jim! You make out with him and you do your thang!"

Pam's head snapped back. She heard Jim make a sound somewhere between a grunt and a laugh, and she turned to see Michael standing in the doorway, followed closely by the camera crew. Michael was jumping up and down, clapping his hands like a toddler.

"The lovebirds together at last!" Michael turned toward the camera. "You do know I called this right? I was the first to call it and I therefore get to be the best man at the wedding and you have to name your firstborn after me and you owe me twenty bucks!"

Michael turned around triumphantly, but Jim and Pam, taking advantage of the crew's preoccupation with Michael, and Michael's preoccupation with, well, himself, had escaped to the parking lot. Michael ran down the stairs and out into the parking lot, only to see Jim's tail lights as his car sped away. Michael turned and attempted to high five the camera.

"Yeah! They're going to go get it on! Bow-chika-bow-wow!"

Dejected, the camera crew returned to the office building, determined to get some reaction shots that didn't include Michael.

Much to their disappointment, Jim and Pam both called in sick the next day.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!


cadenza7 is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Patience Is A Virtue For A Reason also liked 2248 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans