- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

good ol steve, always the helpful one.

no copyright infringement intended 

It was especially cold that day and Pam was wearing a thick sweater. Jim complained that the sweater hid her best assets but she just giggled and swatted him away. For come reason the office was very quiet and Jim actually seemed to be working. Pam had worked her way through almost 30 games of solitaire before noon but before she could start a new game she got an I.M.

jhalpert: break time?

Pbeesley: yes please! I’m so bored.

Jhalpert: good to know that I’m your distraction.

Pbeesely: we’ll I’m your distraction most days so suck it up

Jhalpert: first off, that’s what she said. Second: you’re not distracting me in that sweater. Maybe take it off? Dance around a bit?

Pbeesley: shut up ;)

Jhalpert: fine, break room?

    Pam didn’t reply, she just stood from her chair and walked towards the break room. Jim followed right behind her, a nervous smile on his face and a wink from Phyllis giving him confidence.
    
    “Can I buy you a drink Halpert?” Pam smiled at him as he entered.

    “I have this one,” he pulled his wallet from his back pocket. “What’ll it be miss?” He winked.

    “Hmmmm,” she examined the vending machines. “So much to choose from.” He approached her, placing 4 quarters in her palm.

    “Try A5,” he whispered. She shrugged, put the quarters in and hit A5. Something fell and she reached down to pull it out. It wasn’t cold and she was confused. In her palm was a small ring box.

    “I love you more than anything Pam, will you marry me?” Jim was kneeling before her, one of her hands clasped in both of his.

    “Only if you buy me a drink,” she bent down to kiss him.

Chapter End Notes:
one more to go, probably posted tonight

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans