- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The end
Pam was exhausted. It was late and Michael had kept her at work while he procrastinated signing the forms that had to be done that night. It was the Perfect Storm as she called it.

    “Jim? You home?” She walked into the dark apartment to find only a note on the fridge.

Pam,
Go into the bedroom, get changed and meet me at the office ASAP
Jim xo

    She smiled, tucking the note away. She walked into the bedroom and gasped. Jim had pulled out her lavender dress, she hadn’t worn it since the fateful Casino Night. She pulled her work clothes off, ran a brush through her hair and slipped into the dress that still fit perfectly. She slipped on a pair of black heels and put on a bit of perfume before walked back out to the hall. On the table near the door was a mix CD with a note that told her to play it on her way down.

    The CD was full of songs that reminded Jim of Pam. Everything from the Shins to Travis to Beyonce. Jim and Pam had laughed at that one when they had caught Dwight humming Crazy in Love. She smiled as their relationship played through her car speakers but before long she was pulling into the Dunder Mifflin parking lot. There was Jim.

    “Hey,” she slipped out of the car and he smiled as the dress swished around her.

    “Come with me,” he took her hand and led her deeper into the parking lot. They stopped at a familiar spot, the place where she had let him down the first time, standing in the same dress.

    “This place has bad memories and so does that dress but you look so beautiful.” He kissed her softly.

    “What’s going on Jim?” Pam was nervous, she didn’t know why he had brought her here.

    “The last time we were here, I asked you something important. You said you couldn’t. That almost killed me.” He was drinking her in.

    “I’m so sorry Jim,” she felt a tear roll down her cheek.

    “This time I’m going to ask you something even more important, just please don’t say you can’t.” And with that, he pulled a ring from his pocket and slipped it onto her finger. “Marry me? Be mind forever?”

    She grinned widely. “I can.”

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading


TearCatcher is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked 5 Ways Jim Proposes also liked 1682 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans