- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Wrote in about an hour. Don't kill me-just comment.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

If I don’t say this now, I will surely break

“I’m in love with you,” he said. He focused on her eyes. He knew that the only thing he could do was to breath, and to hope…and to wait.

As I am leaving, the one I want to take,
Forgive the urgency, but hurry up and wait, my heart has started to separate


Pam looked at him. This was it. All she needed to do was open her mouth and tell him-
“I can’t...”
No! That’s not what she meant to say…she didn’t want Roy, she wanted Jim, and she needed him, more than anything.

And oh, oh, be my baby, oh, oh, oh

Jim looked at her, still focused. This wasn’t over. He wouldn’t let her stall…he knew Pam better than anyone he’s ever known. He felt it. She couldn’t-he wouldn’t let her-get off that easy.

And oh, oh, be my baby, I’ll look after you

Pam knew that she love Jim. So delicately, so perfectly, she did. And it was all that mattered. But her life…she just needed a little push. “Jim IS pushing you!” her mind screamed-as he walked away.

There now, steady love, so few come and don’t go,
Will you, won’t you, be the one I’ll always know?


She ran up the stairs, two at a time, and went to his chair. She wanted to be home, but something was missing.
“Can you love him?” her mom asked.
“I don’t know…he’s my friend.”
“Do you love him?”
“Yeah…I think I do.”

Well I’m loosing my control, as the city spins around,
You’re the only one who knows, you slow it down.


She heard the door open, and she knew who it was. Quickly ending her conversation with her mom, she looked at him. And she decided. He looked at her as he walked toward her. He had decided.

Oh, Oh, be my baby, oh, oh, oh
Oh, Oh, be my baby, I’ll look after you,
And I’ll look after you


He didn’t want to move. He wanted to be sure that she was kissing him back, be sure that this was real.
He was pretty sure. He was definitely happy.

If ever there was a doubt, my love she leans in to me
“This most assuredly counts,” She says most assuredly.


“I was wrong.” Pam said. “I can. You're it.” Jim looked at her, wanting to comprehend. But there was one nagging part of him, still, so he said “You and Roy need to be over. I can’t wait without a purpose anymore.” Pam smiled up at him, and kissed him deeply, and he knew she wanted him.

And oh, oh, be my baby, I’ll look after you
It’s always have and never hold, but you’ve begun to feel like home
What’s mine is yours to leave or take-
What’s mine is yours to make your own



They sat in his car in a comfortable silence. He listened quietly while she picked up her phone and explained to Roy she couldn’t do it anymore, that she wasn’t coming home-because he wasn’t home. He held her hand the whole time. So it seemed monumental when she pulled off her engagement ring and put it on the dashboard. He took a certain satisfaction knowing that it was off for good. “What do we do now?” he asked. She contentedly shrugged her shoulders. “We’ll figure it out,” she smiled. “But for now-just drive."


Oh, oh, be my baby, I’ll look after you


Chapter End Notes:
Comments, please!


Pamalama is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Look After You also liked 1905 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans