- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

On Friday, Michael insisted on throwing a going away party for Karen, even though it was also Ryan's last day.  Michael was not about to forgive Ryan for betraying him and stealing Jan's job, not to mention that pesky detail of Ryan now being his boss even though he had never made a sale and was a mere temp just a year ago.

Jim and Pam both felt a sense of relief that Karen's last day was finally here, which led them to be a little more relaxed around one another than they had been all week.  That is not to say that there had not been any more illicit encounters in the supply closet, or the back of Jim's car, or in the stairwell.  But they had been lucky not to get caught, and as far as they knew no one else had found out their secret.

And now, when everyone was standing around in the conference room sipping champagne and eating Angela's brownies, they had almost forgotten how many people actually knew about them.  But what they didn't know was that Kevin had told Oscar in the kitchen, where they were overheard by Meredith, who then told Phyllis, who mentioned it to Stanley, who didn't give a shit.  But in the meantime Dwight had mentioned it to Angela during their covert conversation about the "Code Orange," and Andy had walked in, so they shifted the focus to Jim and Pam to throw him off the scent.  And of course Ryan knew because how could Kelly not use Jim and Pam as an example of "True Love" to try to win him back.  Then there was Creed, who blogged the whole thing, even though he thought Halpert was dating Pam Anderson because he could have sworn the receptionist was named Paula.

So when Michael started making one of his famously embarrassing toasts, which got progressively worse until he had to deflect attention off of himself by blurting out, "Jim and Pam are doin' it!" not one person in the room was surprised.  But Jim and Pam froze on the spot and looked guiltily at Karen, who simply shrugged and said, "Yeah, I figured." 

Everyone stared at her.  "What?" she asked when she saw all eyes were upon her.  "I would have to be a moron not to have known."

Chapter End Notes:
The end!  Thanks so much for reading and commenting. :)


ExtremelyGruntled is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 21 members. Members who liked Five People Who Find Out That Jim And Pam Are Doin' It also liked 2905 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans