- Text Size +

Pam couldn’t pinpoint when it happened – when it went from just ‘Pam’ to something more. When it stopped being just her name to it being everything right in the world. The way he said it – it was as if he was putting all his emotions in those three letters.

Every time she asked him about it, he didn’t know either. Maybe it was just a gradual process, they decided, with no defined line from coworker to friend to lover.

No matter what he was saying, it was always perfect the way he said her name. They could be having a screaming fight, both yelling at the top of their lungs, and somehow, whenever he said Pam, she always stopped, because it had that power over her. Or when he said it in that low, sexy voice, her heart melted and she just loved him even more. It was impossible for him to say her name and it not affect her.

He always encouraged her to go for it, to chase her dreams, to prove that she wasn’t just Pam, but Pam. Now, finally, after all of those years, they were finally here. Pam couldn’t believe it. She stared into Jim’s eyes as he said those fateful words…

“I, James Halpert, take thee, Pamela Beesley,
to be my lawfully wedded wife,
knowing in my heart that you will be
my constant friend,
my faithful partner in life,
and my one true love.”

Chapter End Notes:

The End!

Thanks for reading... (um, I love reviews...)



EmilyHalpert is the author of 44 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Four People Who Made Pam Hate Her Name (And The One Person Who Made Her Love It) also liked 1848 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans