- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Just kinda came to me, there are obviously 4 more on the way. Unbeta'd and brand new, hope you like it.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Let's get 'er goin! 

    It was the Monday after their first date and they had been keeping on the down-low, so to speak. Pam helped Jim move all of his things onto his old desk while the office was fairly empty. Karen arrived about 10 minutes after they did, all flustered from her trip back to Scranton. She barely even glanced at Jim on her way in; he didn’t make a point of looking up.
    “Hey, thanks for being cool with Karen, Toby said she’s transferring soon but I don’t want to hurt her feelings.” Jim tapped his fingers on the reception desk.
    “Don’t worry, I know how bad it feels to be on the other end.” Pam smiled at him, happy that he was eating her jellybeans again. He tapped his hand on the desk again before getting back to work. Order forms were killing Jim but before he dies of boredom, he got an IM.

Pbeesly: so Halpert, what are your plans tonight?
Jhalpert: well, I was going to take my new girlfriend out for dinner?
Pbeesly: a NEW girlfriend? What, am I on the outs already?

Jim laughed out loud as Pam flashed him a quick wink. She looked over to see Karen give her a glare before turning back to her computer.

Pbeesly: Karen just gave me a dirty look.
Jhalpert: ignore her. What movie should we watch tonight? I’m thinking Blockbuster.
Pbeesly: How about legally blonde? Or that one scene, in Ghost?

Jim turned slightly to give her a look. She giggled and Karen shot her another death-glare.

Pbeesly: she did it again!
Jhalpert: ignore. How about an old classic?
Pbeesly: what did you have in mind sir?
Jhalpert: maybe some Breakfast at Beesly’s?
Pbeesly: I think you’re thinking of Akeelah and The Beesly?

They both laughed again and Karen cleared her throat loudly. Pam shrugged at Jim and went back to work, faxing orders, filing papers, answering phones. Somewhere in the background she heard a soft clicking noise. She ignored it for a while until Dwight started checking vents for problems. She peered around the office and noticed Karen was clicking her pen madly, fuming. Apparently Stanley, Meredith and Jim had also noticed. Jim rolled his eyes at Pam, pretending not to care.
    “Do you mind?” Stanley hit his crossword’s book on his desk, snapping. Karen took no notice and continued clicking.
    “Love me, love me, say that you love me,” a small voice piped from behind the reception desk. Jim spun. Pam had begun singing. “Fool me, fool me, go on and fool me. Love me, love me…” Pam got louder and louder until Karen, who glared at her and stopped clicking her pen, could hear her.
    Jim smiled, now there was a girl who knew how to retaliate.

Chapter End Notes:
Review please? thanks :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans