- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A quick prank that remind Jim of why he fell in love with Pam in the first place.
Almost a week after he had asked her out, Pam and him were spending every waking minute together. They stayed at each other’s houses, cooked meals for each other, and ate lunch together. Pam had even made him his ham and cheese sandwich today. Karen had gotten her resentment under control at work but still wasn’t talking to either of them.
“So Beesly, can I make you dinner tonight at your place?” Jim popped a greenish jellybean into his mouth, smiling.
“I think that would be amazing.” Pam resisted the strong urge to lean over the reception desk and kiss him then and there.
“What is Michael planning for this meeting?” Jim peered into the jellybean container, hoping to find a pink one that matched Pam’s sweater.
“I think he hopes that we will all get really excited about the surprise and not notice that the meeting is about nothing.” She laughed.
“Um, excuse me, Dunder Mifflin doesn’t pay you to eat Jellybeans Jim!” Dwight approached the reception. He put his hands on his hips.
“Well Dwight, this is not just jellybean eating time. I’m in a meeting.” Jim grabbed a pen and paper from Pam’s desk.
“Well… what is this meeting about? Was Michael informed?”
“No, we’re planning a surprise for him.” Pam stared right at Dwight, not breaking character for a second. God, she drove him crazy. “This is the first biweekly meeting of the Committee to Sporadically Plan Surprises Without Any Notice.” She stuttered over the last bit but Dwight bought it.
“I would like to help, as Assistant Regional Manager.”
“To the…” Jim tried not to laugh.
“Shut up Jim, I will report this to Michael.”
“No, Dwight, you can help. We need someone to assist the Costume Organizer. It’s a pirate themed party, because Michael has…” Jim trailed off. Pam was quick to pick up.
“He has a nice booty.” She swallowed her laugh and continued. You need to inform everyone to wear pirate gear tomorrow and make sure you’re all dressed and ready to go tomorrow morning.” She looked at him intensely. He saluted her and walked off. Jim and Pam collapsed into laughter.

The next day Dwight was late for work.
“Maybe his parrot was acting up?” Jim shrugged.
“Surprise!” At that moment, Dwight burst through the door in full pirate gear. He was wearing knee socks under Capri pants with what seemed to be a lady’s blouse and an eye-patch. Everyone turned to stare at him before turning back to their work.
“Jim, why is everyone in their normal clothes? I’m going to inform Michael that you tricked me,” Dwight stood over him, attempting to be menacing.
“Well, looks like you failed to get everyone in costume, I will have to report you to him, tell him you ruined the party.” Jim shook his head.
“No, Jim… I… please don’t!” Dwight was flustered.
“Fine, but you owe me.” Jim stood, pulled Dwight’s eye-patch off his face and let it snap back. It hit him in the face roughly before Dwight stormed off.
Karen looked up at Dwight before turning back to her work. Jim heard her mutter something about unprofessional pranks and being second in command. He turned away to look at Pam who had disappeared behind her desk in a fit of giggles. When she resurfaced she looked at him and threw him an air high-five.
Jim sighed, nobody else could have pulled that off.

Chapter End Notes:
yay, maybe some smut? let me know if you have any ideas?

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans