- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Another inspiration from a comic strip.

            “Mommy, is he here yet? Is he here yet?” Claire was running ahead, pulling Pam along with her.

            “Claire! Stop pulling. His flight just landed, he is probably still on the plane.”

            Jim had been at a conference for the whole week, and it was the first time Claire had ever been a night without her daddy. Even though they talked nightly, Claire couldn’t wait for the plane to land, so she could see him again.

            Pam found an empty seat, and sat down exhausted. She tried to make Claire sit down with her, but Claire kept jumping up and running around, trying to see Jim as fast as she could.

            “Daddy!” Claire screamed, startling everyone around. She quickly ran up to him and Jim picked her up and wrapped her in a giant hug.

            “Care Bear! I missed you!”

            “Daddy! You can never go away again. Never ever ever!” Claire leaned close to his ear. “Mommy doesn’t do the voices as good as you.”

            “Oh, she doesn’t? Well, that settles it. I will never leave ever again. Besides, I missed you too much! I couldn’t bear to be away another second.”

            “Good. ‘Cause I don’t want you to go anywhere. ‘Cept home!”


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans