- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Is it wrong to admit that the inspiration for this chapter came from another fic I wrote? Granted, it was a long time ago and for a different fandom entirely. But, the idea stuck with me.

            “Claire, me and daddy have something important to tell you,” Pam says to the squirming girl.

            “Am I in trouble?” The little girl’s face was breaking; terrified she had done something wrong.

            “No! No, Claires. This is something good!” Jim quickly comforts his little girl. “In a few months, you are going to have a new baby brother or sister!”

            “A new baby?” Claire asks, confused. She holds up her doll, as if to ask for confirmation.

            “Yeah, sweetie. A new baby, just like Sara there,” Pam explains.

            “Oh.” Claire still looks a bit sad and confused.

            “What’s wrong, Clairey? Aren’t you excited about the new baby?” Jim picks Claire up and sits her in his lap.

            Claire looks up, tears glistening in her eyes. “Will you still love me when the new baby is here?” she asks softly.

            “Oh, Care Bear. Your mom and me will love you forever and ever. We could have twenty kids, and you would still be our only little care bear.”

            “Forever and ever?”

            “Forever and ever.”

Chapter End Notes:
Yes, Little Care Bear has a little sibling that is only mentioned in this chapter, and isn’t really mentioned again (okay, I know he is mentioned at least one in passing. It is a boy. Nick). Again, see story description. It isn’t just Jim with kids. It isn’t Jim and Pam and kids. It is Jim and Claire. That is all. Hence the Jim and Claire centric approach I am taking.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans