- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:

This takes place about a year from now, and it's post-"The Job".  This just literally hit me, so don't take this too seriously.

It’s been one year, two months, four days and however many hours and minutes since The Date.  It was monumental.  It wasn't perfect though, she still has a stained dress in the back of her closet and he swears that his groin still hurts just that little bit when he moves a certain way. But it’s good now.

Mostly.

But that’s not what this is about. Jim and Pam didn’t officially start dating, by their account, until a year ago today. They never mention what happened in those two months that don’t count towards their relationship. Jim overheard Kevin saying he thinks that’s how long it took them to have sex.

He’s not entirely wrong.

But today is a good day. Even if they’re giving their gifts to each other at the office.

Jim goes first, his gift is a weeks’ stay in California. He hasn’t planned the exact details, he wants Pam to help him with that, but he knows she’s always wanted to see the Pacific. And loads of other places, but that’s for another time.

She loves it.

Pam hands Jim an envelope. When he opens it, it’s a printout of an apartment. She explains that she’s been looking at some places because she thinks it’s time for them to try to live together. And she thinks a brand new place would be perfect.

He’s speechless for a moment, as is she when he runs out of the break room. He returns a moment later and before she can open her mouth, he hands her a piece of paper, much like the one she gave him. He explains that he saw this townhouse that he immediately thought would be perfect for the two of them but he didn’t know how to approach her about it.

She notices there’s a terrace.

Pam looks up at Jim for a moment, mostly because he didn’t sit back down when he came back into the break room.

She stands up and takes his face between her hands, his eyes dart around, looking for the cameras.

“What about-”

“I don’t care.”

And she leans up to kiss him gently on the mouth as his hands come up to hold her firmly at the waist.

They have a fantastic night.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I have no idea where this came from.  I was trying to work on the other fic that hit me this morning, longer, more serious, and this just wanted to be written instead.

Feedback would be awesome!  Feel free to let me know of any mistakes, thanks!



meganlynn09 is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Today also liked 993 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans