- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I wrote this for a challenge community where I play Jim. I think it should be noted that Jim has a little sister in my world and he's a middle child so that's who Jenny is. I own nothing people. Lots of nothing, don't sue me.

 

 

He’s got a freshly pressed shirt on and a nice pair of khaki pants as he walks into the clients office with Dwight on his heels. Despite how horribly they get along in the office and how often Jim is given to pulling pranks on Dwight they work really well together on sales calls. Jim has a way of reading people, clients especially, and he’s a good salesman. He’s sad to say Dwight is sometimes better, his co-worker’s intensity can work to his advantage sometimes.

His handshake is firm and his smile is sincere and no, he doesn’t particularly like his job but he’s still professional when the need arises. Also, he’s number two in the office complete with the pay raise Dwight never got and the lovely job of cleaning up after some of Michael’s blunders. He’s learned in his time as number two that Michael actually isn’t a bad salesman either which might explain how he ended up as Regional Manager of Dunder-Mifflin.

“Jim Halpert, Dunder-Mifflin, this is my collegue Dwight K. Schrute and we’re here to sell you some paper.” He grins over the handshake and smoothes out his tie as he sits down opposite their client.

Dwight immediately uses his familiar tactic of asking to use the phone and calling the Staples help line. Jim’s so used to this by now that he doesn’t miss a beat in giving his simple, yet effective, pitch. It was entirely distracting in the first months they worked together and Jim fumbled more than one sale that way but now it’s just easy between them and he really hates admitting that to himself.

It’s like the time he realized he missed Dwight because Andy was driving him insane.

The sale goes well and their heading back to the office less than an hour later. When he hangs up his coat near the reception desk he catches her eye with a grin. He’s at her desk with a smile, finding his favourite jelly bean flavour and popping a couple into his mouth.

“So, Beesley, have you decided on bridesmaids yet?” His grin is wide and he extends his hand out across her desk.

“I don’t know Halpert, have you asked Dwight to be your best man yet?” She retorts easily.

He gasps and shakes his head as she takes his hand, his thumb grazes over the simple but elegant ring he bought her two months ago and doesn’t jerk away when he feels a thump on the back of his head.

“Thanks for that Jen,” He says sarcastically as his sister leans over the desk and grabs a jelly bean of her own.

“No problem Jimmy.” She winks at him and then rolls her eyes when he looks back at Pam with that starry eyed look on his face.

“God, get a room.” She says lightly and moves back towards her desk opposite Scott, the new temp. Dwight eyes her suspiciously as she walks past and Jim thinks it’s probably the Halpert genes that Dwight doesn’t trust. He’s right to feel that way.


I brings Pam’s hand up to his lips and kisses it lightly before heading back over to his desk. The phone rings and he sighs.

“Jim Halpert, How can I help you?”


atomic_eyes is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked smile, and we mean it also liked 89 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans