- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

As far as Mondays go, this one was definatly up there on the crazy scale. Pam walked into her living room and went to pour herself a glass of wine. Hell, after a day like today forget the glass. She took the bottle and changed into her favorite pajamas which consisted of an old raggidy high school shirt and a pair of flannel boxers. She put her hair down and sat on the couch, drowning herself in thought.

 

She tried to shake the feeling she was getting but couldn't. No matter how hard she tried to distract herself she wasn't able to stop thinking about Jim. It was stupid and she knew it. Why did she want to tell Jim about her day so badly? She let out a loud groan and chugged at her bottle. Was it really that stupid after all? She just wanted a friend. No, scratch that, she needed a friend. She didn't have anyone to talk or laugh with anymore. Her only contact with the outside world was at Dunder Mifflin. That and the one blind date Kelly had convinced her to go on. What a great idea that had been. Definatly not a "love connection" like she had promised. She picked up the phone to call her mom. Sure, she didn't know who Dwight and Michael were and probably wouldn't understand the insanity behind it all but at least it was someone to talk to.

 

She looked down at her wine bottle. Empty. Now how the hell did that happen? She grabbed the phone and dialed her moms number. No answer. Just... great. Pam went into her bottom cabinet and grabbed a bottle of tequila. She brought it to her lips and swallowed hard making a disgusted face.

 

Twenty minutes later she was on her couch, watching Legally Blonde, crying her eyes out. "Luke Wilson is in love with you Reese! Just open your eyes and stop chasing after Harvard boy! " Pam screamed at the tv and reached for her phone. Maybe she would call Kelly. She must have something to say about what had transpired at the office today. She looked at the clock and saw the time. 1:20 am. Oh well here goes nothing.

 

The phone rang four times and went to voice mail. Get a grip Pam, It's 1:30 on a week night. No one is up this late except for you.

 

She turned the tv off and went to her bedroom, sinking into her feather comforter and fluffy pillows. She dialed a different number.

 

Pam was about to hang up after the third ring when someone finally answered.

 

"Pam? " The voice on the other end of the line sounded raspy and she knew he must have been sleeping. Not knowing what to say she just sat there biting the inside of her cheek.

 

"Pam? What's wrong? Are you okay? " She could hear the worry in his voice and could hear the sound of a light clicking on. She quickly gained courage knowing at least she had an excuse for calling so late.

 

"Oh yeah, no, I'm drunk. "

 

Jim breathed in deeply, relieved to hear her voice, even if she was slurring the tiniest bit.

 

He let out a little laugh. "God, you scared me Beesley. Why are you drunk? "

 

"It's stupid. I can't even explain it really. " Pam started to sniff back a tear. She always had been an emotional drunk.

 

"Whatever your reason Pam, I'm sure it's not stupid. "

 

"Alright. You asked for it. I wanted to talk to someone about what happened today at work. And then I realized I don't have anyone to talk to. I mean no one that would actually give a shit or understand what was going on. And I just got really sad. So I had some wine, and then I had some tequila, and now here I am drunk dialing you. Waking up a guy I havn't talked to in months, at almost two in the morning. "

 

Jim didn't know what to say. So many thoughts came running through his mind. Should he tell her that he feels that way every single day and has to fight with himself for hours not to call her. Should he tell her that seeing her name on the caller id tonight had been the best thing that had happened to him since he'd arrived at Scranton. No. He thought to himself. Jim's thinking was interrupted by Pams voice.

 

"Hello! "

 

"Oh, hey, sorry. I, um, dropped my phone. "

 

"Well, I told you it was stupid. "

 

"Pam that's not stupid. Tell me what happened today. I want to know everything. "

 

"Really? "

 

"Absolutly. "

 

Pam went on to tell Jim all about Dwight going to see Jan to try and get Michaels job. She also told him about his fake dentist, Crentist and how Michael inspected his mouth for fillings before coming to the conclusion that Dwight should floss more often. Finally she told him about Dwight getting on his hands and knees, crying his eyes out, begging for forgiveness for betraying Michael and the company.

 

"Hug it out bitch!? Are you kidding me! " Jim had tears down his face from laughing so hard.

 

"No, I'm completely serious, then he came up to me and said the same thing. I just looked at him and asked him not to call me a bitch. I think he went back into his office and cried or something. " Pam was having more fun than she had since, well since Jim had left. She wanted to tell him she missed him. Tell him that she lied on casino night and was just scared. Tell him that she loved him and beg him to come back to Scranton. Instead she just asked about his day.

 

"Okay, well I promise you mine is nowhere near as exciting as yours. Have you ever played the game Call of Duty? "

 

Chapter End Notes:
Review please :-)


DwigtChang is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked 2 a.m. also liked 1148 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans