- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I love Jim/Pam a lot and ice cream even more. The following is evidence of this. Oh, and please ignore the completely unoriginal title.
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is un-betaed, so any mistakes are mine.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

"Did you know that July is National Ice Cream month?"

Jim peers over the newspaper he's reading and raises an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yeah. It was designated by President Reagan in 1984."

"Hmm. Interesting."

"The IICA encourages everyone to enjoy this national holiday with proper festivities. After all, 90% of the nation loves their ice cream."

Jim's afraid to ask. "The IICA?"

"The International Ice Cream Association. Duh."

"Right. Silly me."

Pam swivels around in the computer chair, grinning. "How is that I exist and don't even know this stuff? It's astounding."

"Truly."

"Hey. Do we even have any?" She doesn't wait for an answer as she stands from the chair, walking the short distance to the kitchen.

A few moments later, she returns to the living room, her hands at her hips, shaking her head. "Jimmy. I'm so saddened that there's no ice cream in this house. We have to fix this."

"That involves effort."

"Uh, huh." She nods, walking to the couch, sitting next to him. She leans in and kisses his cheek softly. "I don't think I need to tell you that there are so many different, inventive ways that ice cream can be enjoyed.. do I?"

Jim drops the newspaper to his lap and turns his head, smiling. "Beesly. You're a bad influence."

"I learn from the best."

He laughs, and kisses her softly. "That you do." He pats her leg and sighs. "Alright, come on. I'll drive."

***

Pam stands in front of the large display of ice cream, and claps her hands. She looks over at Jim and giggles. "Look at all this! It's like we're in a candy store!"

Jim shakes his head, smiling. He loves her for so many things, but her childlike wonder about everything and her incredible ability to see the beauty in even the smallest things is probably what he loves most.

"All right, pick one."

"Oh, I could no sooner choose a favorite star in the heavens!"

Jim stares.

Pam shrugs, grinning. "I watched "Ever After," earlier, when you were gone."

Pam scans her choices and mulls in thought. There's so many different flavors and brands and she's not sure what sounds best. She's not a big fan of vanilla and there isn't a lot of selection with strawberry. She decides that chocolate is probably the safest bet. You can never go wrong with chocolate.

Jim interrupts her thoughts as he opens the door, pulling a pint from the second shelf. "What about this?"

Pam reads the label and scrunches her nose. "Nah."

"Why? Jamoca. You like coffee."

"But in my ice cream? Yuk."

He sighs and puts it away, grabbing the next one sitting next to it. "Okay.. what about.. uh.. rocky road?"

"I don't like marshmallows."

"What? How is that even possible?"

"It just is. I don't care for it."

"Who are you?"

Pam rolls her eyes and reaches over him, and grabs two pints from the first shelf. "Chocolate chip.. and.. World Class Chocolate.." She reads, staring between the two of them, not exactly sure which one she wants more.

"I vote the World Class one."

Pam glances up, scrunching her eyes. "Yeah?"

"Definitely. It's not just chocolate, Pam, but world class chocolate. How can you pass up that kind of declaration?"

"Hmm.. maybe." She glances back up at the freezers and glances at the door next to her. "Oooh.." She points. "Chocolate therapy."

She hands the ice cream in her hands to Jim and opens the door, grabbing it. "Chocolate ice cream with chocolate cookies and swirls of chocolate pudding."

"That sounds like.. a lot of chocolate."

"But utterly delicious."

"Alright, fine." He opens the door and puts the pints in his hands back on the shelf. He quickly grabs a Very Berry Strawberry for himself and closes the door. "Let's go."

Pam glances down at the ice cream in her hand and sighs. "I don't know."

"What?"

"I'm not sure if I want this one. That world class one sounded good too."

 "So just get them both."

"No, I don't think so. I can't eat that much chocolate. Besides! It's National Ice Cream month and I can't ruin this treasured national holiday by cheating and getting two. I have to choose which one is worthy."

"Worthy? What the hell? Am I dating Dwight now?" Jim replies, glancing down at his own ice cream, wondering if he can just open it now and start eating. He saw wooden spoons somewhere.

"Jim! I'm serious. This is a very important decision."

"Not really. Which one would be more delicious if it were.. say.. on my--"

Pam holds up her hand. "Don't even finish that sentence."

Jim smirks. "Hey, you were the one that said we could have fun with it.."

"Yeah, and I redact it."

***

Pam decides on the World Class chocolate and tells Jim that it wasn't because he said so even though he's awfully convinced that it is.

She's sprawled on the couch, her head sitting comfortably on throw pillows and her legs across Jim's lap. He's sitting upright, his long legs atop the coffee table.

"This is really, really good." Pam says, scraping the last few scoops from the bottom. "I mean.. really good."

"You're welcome."

Pam kicks him in the stomach. "Shut up."

Jim sits his empty container on the side table next to him and grabs her hands, swiftly pulling her into his lap, ignoring her squeals of protest.

She rests against his arm and smiles at him. "What?" She whispers.

He stares at her and for the millionth time in the past five years, wonders how it is that he can love someone this much. "Nothing." He replies.

Pam isn't sure if there is really anyone in this world that would've humored her with the whole ice cream thing like Jim. She loves that about him, among so many other things, that not only does he accept her silliness but he encourages it and plays along with her too. She thinks maybe it makes sense; laughter and fun (and pranks) gave them a close friendship, it's fitting that it's something that remains as a couple.

She touches his cheek and pulls him closer as her lips find his. She pushes her mouth against his and her hands tussle his hair and he tastes like strawberries and chocolate and even though she really should be used to it by now, she can't get over how good, how right it feels to kiss him.

She pulls away slightly so she can find her breath, and he looks at her and she doesn't know what made her lucky enough to be looked at with such a tenderness that sears right to her soul but she thanks.. whoever, whatever.. for it anyway.

She can tell from his silence and the darkness of his eyes that he has plans for the evening and she has no complaints. Her feet find the floor and she stands, holding out her hands. He obliges and holds her by the waist as they walk to the bedroom.

Pam giggles as he pushes her to the bed and she wraps her arms around his waist as he kisses her neck.

"Thank you for the ice cream."

He lifts his head and smiles. "Of course, this was a holiday that could not be missed."

"You know.. July isn't over yet."

Jim's eyes sparkled. "You're right. And we started this celebratin' so late, we have a lot to make up for."

"Indeed."

Chapter End Notes:

July REALLY is National Ice Cream month. So go celebrate if you haven't already! For all curious, information can be found here.



oobadnama is the author of 21 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Everyone Scream For Ice Cream! also liked 2716 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans