- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I had to write this, for no other reason then I had nothing else to do. Hairspray is of course an amazing movie and I have indeed seen it 4 times. Go see it. Seriously. You won't regret it. There's a throw-away reference to HP. It's been a hoppin Harry Potter/Hairspray week and I thought I should add a little Jam to it.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

  

By a swift head jerk. He knew he had been summoned to the reception desk.

“What’s up?”

“Pick me up at a quarter to seven tonight. Unless, you wanna do dinner, first. Do you wanna do dinner first?”

“After’s fine. What are we doing?”

“Going to a movie.”

“Ohh. What are we seeing?...” His eyes lit up as he tapped the desk with his fingers, “Transformers?”

“No.”

“Harry Potter?”  He glanced back at Dwight to watch his head jerk up at the mere mention.  “Dumbledore and Voldemort get into a pretty cool battle, I hear…” Jim smirked as Dwight glared at him and mumbled something about a taboo.

“Nope. Maybe next week.” Pam was focused on her computer screen, not looking him in the eye.

“What are we seeing then? Cars?”

“Cars? Cars, was out like two years ago. I think you’re thinking Ratatouille.”

“Sure. “

“No, we’re not seeing that.”

“Then what are we seeing?”

“….Hairspray”

“You need…hairspray?”

“Jim!! No! We are going to see Hairspray…the movie.”

“No.”

“What? Why not?”

“I’m pretty sure it’s a musical.”

“It is…so?”

“I don’t like musicals!”

“That is a bold face lie, Jim Halpert! Last week we watched Grease and I know we watched the Sound Of Music.”

“That’s different. Grease is a classic and the only reason I watched the Sound of Music was because you were sick and you said it would make you feel better.”

“It did. I love musicals. Jim, please! You’ll like it!”

“I won’t.”

“It has John Travolta and Christopher Walken in it.”

“Walken, huh? No. I can’t, people could see me.”

“People?!”

“Beesley, I obviously have a rep to protect. I can’t be seen walking into or out of musicals.”

“I’ll make it worth your while.”

“How so?”

“You can guess.”

“……I don’t know.”

“That girl who played the crazy racist on Nip/Tuck is in it. So is, Michelle Pfeiffer and Queen Latifah.”

“Yes, that convinced me.”

“Really?”

“No.”

“That ever so dreamy Zac Efron is in it!”

“Who?”

“The kid from the Disney movie I made you watch.”

“Oh, yeah. That other stupid musical?”

“It’s brilliance was in its cheese factor. You have to look at it for what it was. Besides, Troy Bolton is no Link Larkin.”

“Pam! He’s like 12!”

“He’s 19.”

“You IMDB’ed him?!”

“Uhm…sort of?”

“I can’t believe I’m dating a pedophile.”

“Whatever. The great comedienne Amanda Bynes is in it. Comedic genius such as that hasn’t been seen since the greatness of Bob Hope or you know The Three Stooges”

“I’m really not seeing it now. “

“Please, Jim. See it for me?”

“….You’re lucky, you’re you, Beesley. Alright. You win.”

“Yay! I already bought tickets. So you were SOL, either way. So, suck it Halpert.”

Chapter End Notes:

That's it! Lame, I know. So you can review...or not. Whatever's good.



rdhp12 is the author of 3 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans